Chapter One

Winter

I never in a million years thought this is what my life would come to, breathing heavily as he slowly makes his way towards me. He is the predator and I the prey, in my last moments what would I want the world to know. I'd want them to know I was strong and unafraid, but that is not how it happend. I was not strong and I was very afraid. I screamed almost at the top of my lungs, begging the bystanders to help. I was running out of breath. This is it these are my last moments, then very abruptly he halts his attacks on my lower torso.

"Why are you always so dramatic, the whole floor is staring at you!" Alex whisper yells at me, while bursting with laughter.

"I am not being dramatic Alex, you know I hate being tickled! It is my one weakness." I all but pout back at my best friend of eleven years. " I was minding my own business then all of a sudden here you are creeping towards me! I thought you were going to murder me!"

"I love you too much to kill you, and anyways what would the world do without this face!" He says pinching my cheeks and making a face that one would at a child.

" I don't know, maybe you got all homicidal last night, you do crazy things sometimes."

"It's not that I do crazy things, it's that you do nothing at all." He rolled his eyes at me, this meatloaf rolled his eyes at me.

"Yeah yeah, I know I'm boring. And, Ally?"

"Huh."

" I love you too."

He grunts in response, "Let's go to lunch, I think I'm malnourished."

"We had breakfast together three hours ago!" This boy is going to eat me out of house and school.

"Exactly." He said it like that explained everything.

He grips my hand in his and intertwines our fingers. This is how it is with Alex and I, he's like my older brother, we do everything together. He even threatens the guys I like, just like my biological brother. The only difference is Alex and I party together, i don't think i would survive a night partying with my bio-brother. Once we get in the cafe Alex almost pulls my arm off running to food, but i know if I don't run with him he will drag me. He piles more than enough food for both of us onto two trays and pays. As soon as his butt hits the chair Alex has food in his mouth, while I grab a cupcake and start eating it the way Alex hates, but I love eating my cupcakes the way i want. First I slowly lick the frosting off the top, but before i can finish Alex sharpley inhales and grunts drawing my attention to him.

"What?" Did he stub his toe or something?

"Stop eating it like that." he says with a finality in his voice.

"I'll eat my cupcake however I want!" I don't even notice how quiet the cafe has gotten or the new boy staring at our encounter.

He slaps the cupcake out of my hand and it rolls on the floor. "Alexander! Why do you keep doing stuff like this." I practically scream, and the whole cafe hears me.

I grab my bag and dash out of the cafe, I go to a spot with very low foot traffic and by that I mean my feet are the only ones that make traffic. I start tearing up and then it turns into all out sobbing. He's been acting like this for weeks now and I don't know what I did wrong to make him so upset with me all the time. Tears start to slip onto my tongue and the salty taste calms me down a bit, at least to the point where i'm not practically wailing.

"Hello." I look up to see a hot giant staring down at me with more concern than I deserve. He's tall, really tall, black hair that reminds me of midnight, and piercing green eyes that seem to be endless. He has on a black t-shirt, with black pants, and a black leather jacket, and black shoes. That's a whole lot of black.