Alana

My name is Alana Woods, and I am dead. I was kind, caring, mostly happy, down to earth, but with minor flaws which included anger issues, anxiety, paranoia. Sometimes I was a complete bitch because of stress from work and school. I had long, platinum blonde hair and blue eyes. Most days I would wear my hair down, because I loved the way it flowed down my back. People always told me I would always be unforgettable and would leave marks on everyone's life I touched. Somehow, this turned out to be true, and I did have a great impact upon everyone I met, at least partially. My name was written in stone on their hearts for quite some time. It was like it was magical. My parents raised me to make an impact in people's life, and every time I met someone I was always kind and gentle to them, and found ways to help everyone that I met.

I remember back when I was a little girl, around 10 years old, I had a conversation with my parents about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I had just gotten out of the shower when my parents approached me.

"Alana, " Mom said, "what do you want to do and be when you grow up?"

"I want to change the world, mama." I said

"How do you want to do that?" my father chimed in.

"I want to travel to other countries and make a difference, because I know some of these

countries aren't as lucky as we are." I stated happily.

"We are so proud of you, darling." Mom stated. "We can't wait to see what you will do

with it, we wish you luck in your endeavors."

Although I was never really close with my parents and we fought a lot, they still raised me

to be a good woman.

As soon as I turned 15, I flew across the world and volunteered to help in countries that did not have the resources we are lucky to have in America. This time, my choice was to go to Mexico, because I loved it there. Tuesday night, I got on the plane and flew out to Mexico. It was late at night when I arrived, so I went to bed, because the next day I had a meeting with Amanda Wilks. Amanda was the supervisor I had in Mexico. She was not really a supervisor per say because I was self employed, but she told me needed to be done. I woke up the next morning and rushed to meet her.

"Hello, Alana, nice to meet you. My name is Amanda. Are you ready to learn

what your tasks will be for the next month in a half?" She said

"Yes Mam, I am." I stated.

"Alright Alana, Let's get you started. To help the people in Mexico you need to bring lots of supplies from the US, so you will probably need to fly back. Here is what you will need: cleaning supplies, new pipes, pipe cleaning supplies, water cleaning supplies, air conditioners, good house building materials, and better quality food. Do you understand? This might be a hard task for a woman like you." Amanda explained.

"Mrs Wilks, this is nothing I can't handle." I told her, while I took a drink from my water bottle, I was parched.

"Next, I will put you in contact with two workers, and a team of 10 people who will help you get these goals accomplished. I want you to at least help out 20 families by rebuilding their homes, installing new air conditioning in places like their homes and other public buildings, clean one city's water pipes, bring one town better food, and provide shipments to all their stores. This will not be an easy job. The first person I will put you in contact with is with Nick Adams, our housing contractor, and Adam Evans, our water cleaning and pipe cleaning agent." She handed me a list of phone numbers. "They will teach you everything they know."