**Prologue**

**PROLOGUE**

If there was ever a dumbest piece of advice I've recieved, it was most certainly from my mother when she said, "Forget about the past, Augusta. Thinking of it does you no good."

For most people, I suppose this wouldm't be particularly annoying, or difficult to try.

But in my family, forgetting the past was simply not an option.

That is of course because, Harry James Potter was my grandfather.

Most of you know the story, surely by heart, if you're reading.

There once was a boy named Harry

destined to be a star

his parents were killed by Voldemort

who gave him a lightning scar....  

(What would we do without Jon Cozart....)

The story of my grandpappy goes on for many years as he survived many perilous adventures until my Grandpappy Potter defeated the evil Voldemort and saved the Wizarding World.

And the last you Muggles heard of my Grandpappy, he was waving off to his children on the Hogwarts Express. And with the famous lines: "The scar had not pained Harry in nineteen years. All was well." the Muggle woman who had been writing about him decided it'd be best to stop her books there.

She was a very smart Muggle, that woman, and my family felt very comfortable with her knowing about the WIzarding World, one of the very few who have been allowed to see it. She took her seven books and published them in your world, the Muggle world, as a work of Juvinille Fiction. And apparantly, they were ridiculously well recieved. Movies, amusement parks, merchandise, it all brought forth ridiculous amounts of money and was an absolute smashing hit.

And while that's all great for her and all, you should know that much, much more happened to my family long after Ms. Rowling put down her pen.

I'm not going to tell you exactlly what happened to my mum and dad's and aunt's and uncle's lives exactlly, since that is an entirely different story.

But briefly, I'll let you know what happened so you know the basics.

Albus Severus Potter, my Uncle: He became a Gryffendor, thanks to his father's advice and did marvellously there, becoming an amazing Seeker for the Quidditch team just like his dad. After he graduated, he happily rushed off to marry Lydia Plumage, a fellow Gryffendor student, in 2023. Sadly, Lydia was barren and they were unable to have children. The couple eventually decided to start an orphanange for wizard children using the great fortune Albus made as a part-time instructor at Hogwarts, as well as being on the Director Board for the school.

Rose Weasley, my father's cousin, who I really just call my aunt: Rose was placed in Gryffendor like her mother and father before her and her wit made her excell in studies. During her years as a student she secretly dated Scorpio Malfoy, who she claimed "was a charming young man, who really wasn't as repulsive as one might first think." Upon her graduation with Hogwarts, she announced her engagement to Scorpio, which did not at all go over well with her family, as the Malfoy's and Weasely\Potters weren't exactlly on the best of terms as you can imagine. After two years of family troubles and fights, the two were given permission to marry, and did so happily in June of 2025. They had three children, Lucy, Drake, and Georgina.

LIly Luna Potter, my Aunt: She did well for herself in Hogwarts, getting in Gryffendor house and was on the Quidditch team with Albus during her time there. She was very bright, and an excellent writer, and landed herself a job as an author where she met Martin Stonehedge and got married in 2028. She has two kids now, Peter and Drew, ginger identical twins.

Hugo Weasely, my father's cousin: Of all my Aunts and Uncles, Hugo was most of a character in school. He was known for being extremely clumsy, but very funny, and was frequently found in the hospital wing, which he called 'his own private dormitory'. Luckily, his mishaps only made people love him more and he had loads of friends.. He graduated, became an Auror, and married Marcy Hughes in 2027. They only had one child, Donovan.

And then of course, there's my father, James Sirius Potter II: To put it shortly, my father lived up to the reputations of his namesake and was an extreme troublemaker. If there was something bad to be done, he would find a way to do it. He was the Gryffendor Quidditch Team Captain for two years but was stripped of the title his last year due to his incredible amount of detentions. It was during his time at Hogwarts, he formally met my mother Alice Longbottom, the daughter of Neville Longbottom. Although their relationship started out very rocky, they fell in love and were married in 2024. They had four children, Aurthur, Callidora, Edwin, and me, Augusta Angelina Potter.

 Sadly, this story isn't about any of them, or the adventerous lives they led. Those can be left to your own interpretation.

This story is about me, Augusta Potter, who may have not survived a death spell or defeated the greatest evil wizard of all time. I found that I didn't have to live in the shadow of the Potter name, and that I could make a name for myself.

Sincerely, Augusta