•Chapter 1•

"Ugh! Let me sleep!!!" My sister, Jasmine Cephas Jones, had woken me up at 7:00am.

"No! Wake up! You said you wanted to come to the theater with me today!" It's true. Yesterday, I begged her to take me to work with her. Part of the reason is because I had a little crush in one of the cast members. Anthony.

Him and Jazzy had dated in the past, but they broke up a while ago. They were like brother and sister now. Jazzy also knew I had a crush on him, so she always used that against me.

"Fine. Stay asleep, but if you don't wake up, you won't see your little boyfriend today." You shot up and seen her smirking, already dressed.

"He's not my boyfriend! I don't even like him anymore...." You knew you were lying, and she knew it too.

"Well, since 'you don't like him anymore', you wouldn't mind if I told you Anthony started dating someone..."
Anthony started dating someone? Who? You felt your heart drop. "R-really? Who?" You tried ,your best to hide the fact that you were heartbroken. "Why do you care? You don't like him anymore, remember?" She shoots back. "I-I'm just curious..." I say nervously. "Mhm, sure. Hurry up and go get dressed." She said. You got up out of bed and quickly good dressed into this:

     You usually didn't dress up like this, it was always t-shirts and sweatpants, but you were seeing Anthony today and you needed to look your best

You usually didn't dress up like this, it was always t-shirts and sweatpants, but you were seeing Anthony today and you needed to look your best. "Jazzy! I'm ready to go" I yell from my room. "Okay! I'll be in the car!" She yelled back. You quickly ran downstairs and got in the car, off to the theater you go.

•Time Skip•

We arrive to the theater and of course, I look for Anthony first. Since we're pretty close friends, I decided to go look in his dressing room. I turn the doorknob slowly and open the door, only to see Anthony with his fingers intertwined with a girl's who you had never seen before. I immediately stop opening the door and run out of the theater as fast as I can with tears threatening to spill.

Anthony's POV

I was with my new girlfriend, Natasha, when I see Y/N standing at the door looking at us. Before she even notices that I seen her, she ran out. She ran out of the theater and she looked like she was about to cry. Being her best friend, I ran after her. When I got to the outside of the theater, I didn't see her. As soon as I turn the corner, I see her sitting on bench curled into a ball crying. I touch her shoulder and say, "Why are you crying?" She looked up at me startled by my presence. Her eyes were red and puffy. "I-I..." She stuggled to get words out.

I reach out to grab her hand, but as soon as I touch her, she pulls her hand away. I look at her confused. Did I so something wrong? Did I do something to her? She looked down at her hands. I turn her head gently so that she's looking at me. I caress her cheek, but she backs away from my touch. I did something to her. I furrow my brows at her movements. She didn't want to make eye contact with me. Right as I was about to say something, Natasha came out and ran towards me. Y/N seen her, got up, and ran.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Natasha asked me. "There's something wrong with Y/N. I gotta go, you should probably go home," I answer. She was surprised to that I told her that she should go home, but nodded and left. I've been friends with Y/N for a while, so I knew exactly where she was running to.

Your POV

Anthony came out after me. He must've seen me run away. He tried to comfort me, but I pulled away. That was when his girlfriend walked out. I had been holding in my tears, but I couldn't take it anymore when she came out. I got up and ran again. I ran to the only spot I could think of. Anthony and I used to go the park together and sit under our special tree. The tree was huge. We went there to vent to each other, or read together. We don't go there very often.

As soon as you got to the park, you sat under the tree and started to cry harder than ever. I had my eyes closed as I sobbed into my arm. I look up and wile my tears when I feel someone's arm on my shoulder. Of course he followed you here, You're his best friend. "Y/N, tell me what's wrong. What happened?" Anthony asked and looked at me worried. I shrugged his hand off of my shoulder, and he was taken aback by this. I could tell him about my feelings now. He was with someone else. He was in a happy relationship.

I couldn't speak. I just stared at him when finally, I was able to croak out, "Go away." He looked at me with wide eyes. I had never pushed him away before. Usually, when I was sad, I would push everyone away, except for Anthony. This time was different. "Please just tell me. What's wrong?" He asked again. "Leave me alone." My voice was weak from all of my sobbing. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." He said back. "If you're not going to leave, then I will." He looked at you still confused. He noticed that you were mad at him.

Anthony's POV

She told me to go away, to leave her alone. Now, she just got up and started walking away. Something really is wrong, she just didn't want to tell me. I got up and caught up to her. I grab her wrist softly to turn her around, but she quickly yanks her arm away saying, "Don't touch me. I'm fine, just leave me alone."

I couldn't stand seeing her like this. She was so broken, and I didn't know why. I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't make her feel better. She didn't want me making any physical contact, not even a hug to make her feel better. "Please. Just tell me what happened," I say in the gentlest voice I could. "You did," She simply said and walked off.

I did? We've been best friends for so long now, what did I do? I watched her leave the park, probably walking back to the theater. I sat back down under the tree and think about what I did wrong.

Then it hit me.

She ran away when she seen Me and Natasha together. She liked me. I then realized, I liked her too. No. I loved her. I had to go after her. I had to tell her that I loved her too. I just had too. Natasha didn't mean as much to me as Y/N did. I ran back to the theater, thinking about breaking up with Natasha after I confess to Y/N.

The moment I enter the theater, I look for Y/N. My heart was racing and I was ready to tell her how I felt. Figuring she would be in Daveed's room, because they're also really close friends, I went to his room. I open the door, eager to see Y/N. My heart sank to the floor when I opened the door. (haha that rhymed😂) There stood Y/N with her arms around Daveed's neck, as his were on her waist, kissing. It was deep and passionate

I wanted to be the one kissing her like that. I wanted to put my arms around her like that. I had the chance to be with her, but I blew it. I could've been with her all this time, but I went after girls who I didn't actually love. I loved Y/N, but I couldn't have her anymore.
_____________________________________________

A/N:
HAHAHAHA CLIFF HANGER!!😂
I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I really suck at writing, so don't judge, please! I love youuuuuuuu
soccerperson05 is probably gonna make fun of me for this, but it's fine. I'M PREPARED.