Unashamed

It was only two weeks ago that I was dying and cutting hair at a top based London salon, and now here I was, backstage watching my new friends perform in front of a wild crowd.

The band was so kind, immediately welcoming me to the group and making me feel comfortable. It was hard not to get acquainted with everyone when I was up close and personal with them doing their hair and makeup every night. Not to mention we were all sleeping on tiny bunks every night; it gave me flashbacks to sleep away summer camp. Harry was definitely the kid who wanted to stay up all night but once his head his pillow, he was fast asleep. It usually ended up just being me and Mitch whispering as to not wake everyone else up.

Mitch had intimidated me at first. He was always just kind of there, standing in the background, observing. I couldn't imagine how sweet he would actually be. He was still quiet at times, but if I got him talking about something he enjoyed, it was hard to get him to stop.

It was amazing watching them perform. I had only known the band for a short time, but had grown especially close to Sarah and Clare, and watching them doing something they love every night is indescribable.

I could never grow tired of watching Harry react to the energy of the room and the roar of the fans, it was like he was born to be on stage. Every night was different, he always shook things up and kept everyone on their toes. Not to mention how amazing he looked in his custom Gucci suits that cost more than my apartment back home.

It was more than easy to get into a routine with everyone; I seemed to fit right into their group dynamic which was one of the things I worried about the most before coming on board.

Lou had told me before I left that Harry was very charming, and not to look too much into it, but that didn't stopped my heart from racing when he smiled at me. Or the blush I had to hide when he watched me do his hair; his eyes constantly meeting mine in the mirror. Or even when he made cheeky comments to me, giving me his trademark smirk that would make anyone's knees buckle. I had to keep reminding myself that was just who he was and it didn't mean anything. But that didn't stop me from fantasizing about Harry kissing me when he got off stage. Or helping him remove his suits every night. Or taking an after show shower with him...

"Y/N, truth or dare." Sarah's voice brought me out of my daze.

"Hm...what?"

The group around me giggled as I came out of my daydream. We all sat around the makeshift living room of the tour bus. All of us were still a bit jet lagged and had the day off tomorrow, so tonight, we would drink. I can't remember exactly whose bright idea it was to play truth or dare, but here we are. Everyone had a drink in there hand as our bodies swayed slightly with the movement of the bus.

"Oh, um...truth?" I decided to play it safe since everyone was already on their second or third drink.

"Okay...Um..." Sarah tapped her pointer finger on her chin, trying to come up with a question.

"Oi, c'mon! We haven't got all night!" Harry shouted from the other end of the room. Sarah responded by flipping him off.

"I'm thinking!" Maybe she was a little further gone than I had first suspected. I sat on the couch next to her and Mitch, his arm wrapped securely around her shoulders.

"Got it!" Sarah clapped her hands before turning to face me.

"What's your number?" I waited to see if there was more to that question, but nothing came. I looked around the room, everyone patiently waiting for my response. Harry was leaning over with one elbow on his knee while the other held a cup of whatever he was drinking.

"My number?" I wasn't really sure what she was referencing too.

"Yea like how many people have you slept with? Ya know, your number." Maybe I should've picked dare. I felt my face grow warm as I stared down at the floor of the bus, too nervous to meet anyone's eyes. I thought maybe making light of the situation wouldn't make the revelation so shocking.