XX

Getting to Namjoon and Taehyung's house, Jungkook is let in as he carries Jimin.

"What happened to him?" Jungkook takes a breather after setting Jimin onto the couch. Jimin smiles, looking at him.

"Thank you." Jungkook kisses his forehead lightly and lets him rest. Namjoon rests his hand on Jungkook's shoulder as Taehyung goes over to Jimin.

"Kook...what happened in there?" He looks over at Jimin again before sighing.

"I...I shot him." Taehyung looks at him crazily.

"What the fuck, Jungkook?! Why would you do that to him? I thought you loved him." Jungkook glares at him.

"You don't think I love him?! You don't know how hard it was for me but I had no other choice. Jimin had made up his mind that this was the way to do things. And don't get mad at me, idiot! Jimin wanted me to kill his ass." Taehyung and Namjoon look at the smaller, who was fast asleep. Namjoon sighs.

"Tae has always told me that Jimin was a selfless person. He's told me once that Jimin got beaten at school because he refused to let Tae get bullied." Jungkook feels tears rolling down his face. He bites his bottom lip to stop it from quivering.

"But why? I can't hurt him like this anymore. I refuse to hurt him like this again." Namjoon rubs his back and sits him on the couch beside Jimin.

"You relax. He's okay...he's alive and breathing. That's all that matters, right?" Jungkook nods before seeing Taehyung go into the kitchen. He comes back, after a few minutes, with a mug in his hand. He hands it to Jungkook.

"What's this?" Taehyung looks at Namjoon.

"It's chamomile tea. It helps calm the nerves. Drink that and you head upstairs to rest." Jungkook nods. He looks down at his clothes and sighs.'I could use a shower first...and a change of clothes." Namjoon smiles.

"I'll get those for you." Jungkook drinks the beverage before talking his lover upstairs. He lays Jimin in bed and kisses his forehead again. As he showered, he felt a burning sensation in his side. Looking down, he sees that he had a large wound present. A bullet had, most likely, grazed him. He rinses the wound, struggling to keep his agonizing yells to a minimum, before getting out. 

He looks into the mirror and sighs, scanning the scars and bruises all over his body. He was thinner than before and his dark bags were under his eyes. Opening the mirror, he grabs the first aid kit and hospital bandages before treating his wound. Once done, he slips on underwear Namjoon had laid out for him and gets in bed. Jimin looks over at him.

"You smell good." Jungkook smiles softly as he caresses the other's hair.

"You need your rest...why are you awake?" Jimin smiles.

"I heard your yells. I saw you were hurt when you came out of the bathroom." Jungkook sighs before kissing his cheek.

"Would you like to clean up?" Jimin smiles before nodding. Jungkook gets up and grabs a rag from the bathroom. Filling a tub with soapy water, he takes it over to Jimin before wiping his face carefully. He does so to each body part afterward. Jungkook sets the rag down, hearing Jimin chuckle.

"You don't have to treat me like an old lady on her death bed." The two laugh. Jungkook kisses his hand.

"Please...don't even tell me to kill you or I'll rip you to shreds." Jimin smiles and laughs a little too hard, making his chest hurt.

"Can't really laugh with a hole in your chest." He gets out weakly, Jungkook nods before climbing into bed. He drapes his arm over Jimin and kisses his shoulder.

"I love you, Jimin. To hell in back." Jimin smiles.

"We've already been through hell, so I would know...I love you too." Jungkook chuckles before closing his eyes. The two fall asleep, they soft breathing lulling each other to sleep.

*********************

Getting up the next morning, Jimin sits up, his chest aching a little. He looks over at Jungkook and sees his still asleep, his arm around his waist. Lifting it, he gets out of bed and makes his way downstairs. He sees Taehyung st the stove, making breakfast. Jimin could tell he heard him when he turns around.

"Jimin! You don't need to be walking around." Jimin scoffs.

"Tae...you and me both know that I've gotten up and walked off shit worse than this. I'm fine." Taehyung sighs.

"I know that. I just can't help but be worried about you each and every time." Jimin smiles.

"What you making?" Taehyung smiles, looking back to the pots and skillets on the stove top.

"Why don't you take a look." Jimin looks over his shoulder and sees his best friend taking off pot lids. Jimin smiles.

"Banchan...the last time I had it was when your grandmother made it." Taehyung nods.

"Yeah...I make it every time Namjoon goes off to the military..." Jimin looks at him crazily.

"Wait, what?! He's leaving?!" Taehyung looks at him.

"Yeah. Did I never tell you at Namjoon was in the military? He quit being a police officer to do it." Jimin mentally face palms himself. He had no idea.

"Wow...well okay." Taehyung laughs at his confusion. Not long after, everyone makes their way downstairs, Namjoon in his uniform. He greets Taehyung with a kiss on the lips before sitting down. Jungkook held onto Jimin's hand as he ate with the other hand.

"So what do you two plan to do now. The four of us know too damn well that the police are looking for our asses." Namjoon says before stuffing his face. Jungkook sighs, looking at Jimin as he caresses the back of the smaller's hand with his thumb.

"We'll probably skip town so Jimin can heal properly. I don't want to risk him getting hurt, even more, because of my actions or ideas." Jimin squeezes his hand before placing a loving kiss on his lips.

"Thank you...that was sweet for you to say." Jungkook smiles.

"Anything for you." Taehyung smiles at them. As Namjoon finishes, he cleans his hands before coming back and sighs.

"Well I'm off. Please stay safe, you idiots." Jungkook chuckles before nodding. Namjoon doesn't hesitate to pull him up into a bear hug. The two pull away and he hugs Jimin. Taehyung walks him to the door.

"Please stay safe, Namjoon. And call of video chat me whenever you can." Namjoon smiles before hugging him tightly, his eyes watering when he hears Taehyung crying softly.

"I'll miss you." Taehyung nods before pulling him closer, wrapping his arms around his shoulders. When they pull apart from the long hug, Namjoon hooks his finger under Taehyung's chin and kisses him deeply and passionately.

"Wait for me, love...I'll be back." Taehyung nods before Namjoon kisses him one last time before leaving. Getting himself together, Taehyung goes back to the tale to clean up. Jimin tries to help him but he is stopped.

"No...You two go and relax. I'll make a run to the store to get you guys some essentials and some clothes. You two need to be out of town by the morning." Jungkook nods before getting Jimin upstairs. As they laid in bed, Jimin sighs.

"Taehyung worries me. I don't know if he'll be okay all alone." Jungkook places a kiss on his forehead before caressing his hair.

"I know you're worried, but I know Taehyung can handle this. This isn't the first time he's been through this. I'm sure he will be fine." Jimin nods, still a little worried. Jungkook rubs his arm and kisses his forehead.

Early the next morning, Taehyung gives the two one of the cars and they leave the country.