The "Perfect" Date

Sunday Morning: After Church

Mr. Wright's [Jasmine's dad] POV

        "How'd you like the service this morning baby girl?"

        "It was okay, it felt like he was speaking to me this morning though."

        "What you mean? You having guy problems?"

        I looked at my daughter and I knew she liked someone, but I also knew she wasn't doing anything with boys, so I wasn't on her heels. I trusted her. And she could talk to me about anything, I made sure I made it comfortable enough for her.

        "Not really, it's just this guy, Vincent, but he goes by Trae, the one I had a crush on since kindergarten? I had a talk with him on the beach because he seemed bothered by something and he stood up for me Wednesday when Trisha was talking trash again!"

        "What's wrong with that little girl, she has to be going through stuff for her to be picking on people, don't let her get to you, your beautiful and perfect just the way you are."

        "Thanks, dad."

Trae's POV

        I saw Jasmine at church today, yeah, I said it, you think just because I'm a thug I can't go to church? I do have to ask God to forgive me for my sins, I never know what lies ahead, and with my lifestyle, living isn't guaranteed, I have to make sure the gates of Heaven open up for me when it's my turn to go, hopefully, it's no time soon.

        She was beautiful today, well she's beautiful every day, but every Sunday, when she wears her dresses and heels, she's just extra beautiful.

        I had to meet up with Jude because his mother passed away on this day June 23, several years ago, we always meet up at the graveyard, and of course, I'm going to be there. She was my mother too, she took me in when my mother and father abandoned me.

        "Wassup man, how you dealing?" I said giving him a bro hug.

        "I'm good man, it's still fucking emotional for me man, it's your turn to say something though."

        "Yeah I know, I wrote her a letter."

        "Alright, go ahead."

                Dear Mama,

        I remember the day when you took me in, you treated me and my brother the same. I remember hearing your exuberant voice when you called us in the kitchen for breakfast. Your angelic face, and your quizzical laughter.

        We appreciate everything you did for us, and we know you raised us to have each other back. And I know that if you were here you wouldn't approve of some of the things that we've been up to. But I know that you'd still love us, and worrying your head off at the same time [lol].

        Mama, I miss you and I love you and I know that you're in a... you're in a better place.

Your sons,

Vincent and Jude

        "You alright?" Jude asked.

        "Yeah man, this shit just killing me."

        "I know, let's go."

        I and Jude decided to go to our mom's spot she took us to every day after school for lunch. We both got what mama got for herself to celebrate her life instead of mourning. We had steak with eggs and a side of french toast.