chapter forty eight

Me and Hannah were still in the sitting room when the doorbell rang. It was probably Cameron, or Zach and they had finished playing. 

I release my hand from Hannah's and head to the door. Shouldn't at least one of them have a key to unlock the door. I open the door slowly, ready to welcome the two people, but to my surprise, it isn't Cam, nor Zach, who is standing in front me right now. 

It's Nash. With his backpack hanging at his side, and his friendly smile that never leaves his face. 

Omg, this is going to be so awkward, and we will probably hear a lot of screaming in the next few hours.

"I went to our house, and it was locked, so I knew Cameron isn't there, and I didn't have the keys so I had to come here." he says. But I'm still looking at him not knowing what to do. 

Maybe I should close the door at his face. Or I can just scream, and scare him off, and he'll go away.

No, I wouldn't do that to him. 

He looks at me like I'm insane, "Aren't you going to let me in or what?" I open the door for him wildly, and he enters, heading to the living room. I need to do something so he won't see Hannah's crying face, but I can't. I follow him, and sigh in relief when i don't see Hannah sitting here. She probably heard his voice and ran upstairs.  

Nash takes a seat at the couch where Hannah was sitting a few minutes ago, and excuse myself quickly, I grab my phone and head to the kitchen, I make sure I'm alone, and the click the number on my speed dial list. 

"Hello." he answers. 

"Cameron, you may want want to come home. Make it quick." I mumble. 

************ 

"What happened?" he asks, breathing heavily. Probably from all the running he had now when I called him. He looked worried, and he hugged me tightly once I opened the door to him and Zach. 

"Nothing, it's just Nash is here, and I wanted you to see your friend." I lie. 

"You know I can tell when you're lying. But, I'm not gonna question it though." 

And that's why I love you, I think to myself. 

He enters the room to where Nash is sitting. They hug and start talking, and soon enough Zach joins. I take the chance, and rush to the guest room were Hannah is staying. 

Honestly this day couldn't get any worse. 

I knock on the door, and opens it. Hannah is lying on the bed. She looks horrified for a moment, and then she relaxes when she sees me. 

"I don't know what to do, I can't face, if I see him I might break down, I don't want to hurt him, I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I'm in love with the boy." she says, taking a deep breath, and wiping her tears away. 

"I know you didn't mean it, because I've known you since we were children, and you've always guided me to do the right thing, and I think we both know what's the write thing to do in this situation. So the question is for you know are you willing to do the right thing or just run away from your problems?" 

Cameron's pov     

When Lydia called me, I went home as soon as possible, I knew something was wrong, I knew she was lying to me, but I didn't push it. I just got her, and I didn't want to ruin that with my stupidity. I wanted her to be the one who talks about what is happening with her, I wanted her to trust me enough to open up for me, so I waited. 

She went upstairs, probably to tell Hannah that Nash is here, but she didn't come downstairs, and it's been an our already. What surprised me is that she didn't tell Nash that Hannah was here, which was odd. And it also made Nash very pissed. 

I couldn't wait anymore, so I went to the guest room where Hannah was staying and knocked the door, Lydia told me to come in, so I opened the door and went. 

Hannah was sitting in the bed, and Lydia beside her, Hannah was crying, her eyes were red and puffy. 

I cleared my throat, "Nash is downstairs and he wants to see you." 

"Yeah, I should go and talk to him." she said as she wiped her eyes. 

I nodded, and she looked at Lydia. Lydia squeezed her hand, and gave her a reassuring smile. Hannah took a deep breath and smiled lightly at me, and then went out and closed the door behind her. 

It was just me and Lydia now. I looked over at her, and she had her head down, she sniffled and instantly stiffened, I quickly sat beside her and hugged her. 

"Lydia, hey, what's wrong? Why are you and Hannah are acting weird? And why you didn't tell Nash that Hannah's here? Can you just talk to me." I begged. 

"Hannah." she said in a low voice. She broke away from me and was facing me right now. I took her hand in mine. "Hannah cheated on Nash." she said, "And we better get down before anything bad happens."