Chapter 4

Elizabeth Keen's POV

"Where is your little boyfriend Red?" he asks.

Do people think he is really my boyfriend, he is more likely to be my father.

"Go to hell" I say, and then, in less than a moment, I hear a grin, then I feel something hard touching my cheek, throwing me and the entire chair off balance, my head hits the wood floor hard, and I feel something drop down my face when the man sits me up, blood.

All I can think of now is Ressler, and Reddington, but mostly Ressler, why am I thinking of Donald, we already agreed to keep it professional, since it didn't work last time, but my mind goes to him, how worried he would be right now. Does he even know I am missing?? Of course he does! Or does he?!

He turns on the lights, not so bright but I get a good look at his face, then, he places a phone on a tripod on the table in front of me, he starts a call, then walks off behind me, standing in the back, a few moments later the other party answers, it is Red. I see his sea-green eyes staring at me, he has a look on his face that I have never seen before. Fear.

“Elizabeth.” He says, blinking back tears. “Lizzie, are you alright?” I barely nod my head before I feel something clod sladh across my cheek.

“You bastard!! Let her go! Don’t you dare touch her again! Just let her go!” 

The man behind me laughs “Sweetie, it sounds like your boyfriend is trying to save your life.” I wince in pain and attempt to give the man a disgusted look. “You do realize Reddington’s old enough to be my father, right?” The man just laughs in response. I look up and see Red trying to fight back tears.

“Lizzy” he whispers “Hang in there”

The man behind me tells Reddington that if he wants me to return to him alive, he should come to an address of my kidnapper's choosing. I object, and beg him not to take the bait,

"Don't, Red, they are just using me to get to you, don't do what they tell you to. Red, don’t go! Do you hear me? If you do this, you’re walking into a trap!" after that the only thing I can hear is the ringing of my ears after the man hits me with what I think is a pipe. The pain hits me afterwards, it is killing me.

............

I wake up with a start and a scream, moments and I find Donald Ressler standing by my door, in the room, turning on the lights, sitting on the edge of my bed "It is only a dream Liz, it is only a dream, it is all right, You are in your room, safe. Don't worry, it is over, go backbto sleep now, I can stay right here if you want.”

I nod, and I squeeze myself into a ball, and I put my head in his chest, his heart beats being my lullaby. I sleep.

The next morning I wake up, I hear Ressler talking to Red. “She had a nightmare last night. I woke up to her screaming to you. She was saying ‘Reddington don’t!  you’ll be walking into a trap!!’ ” The criminal raises his brow. “That could possibly be a memory from her kidnapping, Donald.” Moments later, he walks into my room.

“Lizzie, Donald informed me that you had a nightmare?” I nod. He takes my hand into his, gently caressing it with his thumb. “Do you want to talk about it?” I struggle to remember the horrible nightmare. “It….I was taken. I was tied to a chair.” Red nods to Ressler. I continue

“He….he let you talk to me. You were scared. He cut my cheek with something. He wanted you. I….I begged you not to do what they told you. It….it was a trap.” He looks at me, concerned. I smile. “Don’t worry, Red. It was just a nightmare. It wasn’t real.” Red gently kisses my forehead, then runs his hand down my cheek.

“How did you get that scar, Lizzie?” I bring my hand up to my cheek. I am horrified. The skin on my cheek is split, I hadn't realized till now. “Red, Ressler? Was that real? Did that really happen to me?”

"How did the man look Elizabeth, did you see him, can you describe his face?" I think, and try to go back to my memory, "Ummmmm, h-he kind of had this huge scar running down from his left eyebrow till under his mask, he had these blue eyes, light blue, and, he was like 6 feet tall, do you know him?"

"I think so" Reddington answers. He leaves the room so it is just Ressler and I, and as he is about to leave the room I call out his name, "Yeah, you need anything?" He asks.

"I wanted to ask you a question"

"Go ahead"

"Did by any chance we ever date?" he lets out a nervous laugh.

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, in my memory, I just felt like we had been together before the kidnapping, to be honest I don't remember any if it, it's just how I felt"

"We did for a while, then we decided to just be friends"

"Why?"

"Because... Liz, our work is dangerous, working on the blacklist, we can't do our jobs in the field while we are worried about the other, so we decided to keep it professional. Plus there was also the chance of Reddington finding out about us."

Suddenly, as if I am not in control of my body, I walk up to him, and when I am just inches away from him, I raise my heels off the ground, and I touch his lips with mine, then, I snatch myself away as if I were electrocuted.

………………...

Woah..
What do you guys think.