O N E

She was seated on a bench of a very busy park.

The sound of chirping birds, shouting people, and barking dogs resonating in her ears.

She was surprised there were so many people going on and about, since it was already getting dark. So she closed her book and prepared to get up;

When she lifted her head, she was met with the bluest coloured eyes.

She couldn't help but stare.

They were swirls of sky and ocean with tinges of gold, they were deep and so mesmerising.

She stared some more, her stomach becoming a home for elephants;

Her heart trying to burst out of her chest.

Those eyes were hypnotising.

They seemed to glow with the setting sun. Two sets of the bluest sapphires, staring right back.

Suddenly the strangers lips were moving— they were also magical. Full, pinkish-red, so soft looking and she wanted to— there was also sound coming out of them.

She cleared her throat, her cheeks flushing crimson.

"Ehm, excuse me? Sorry I-I wasn't listening" She stuttered.

The stranger chuckled.

"Your book." He points at her lap. Her eyes follow. "It's my favourite book,"

"Oh, really?" She lifts it in one hand, flipping it around. "Why?" She gives him a slight smile.

"Well..." He started. "Umm, can I?" He walked over to the empty spot on the bench. She nodded her head and he sat down.

"It's a story of good and bad. Of true love and pain. It shows you the world as it is. No sugarcoating, no lies." He starts, his arm movements big and passionate.

"It's so raw and pure and it just makes you feel things you didn't know you could feel. You know?"

She absentmindedly nodded. Her mind going places she didn't know it could go.

"Yeah," she sighed, "I know."

"And what's your name mystery girl?" She looks up from her lap.

"I wouldn't be as mysterious if I told you now, would I?" A corner of her lip tugs up.

He frowns and then chuckles. A deep laugh that reached his eyes—they looked like glowing stars now.

"Well, my name is Joshua. Josh." He extends a hand for her to shake. She grabs it. They stay there, staring into each others eyes, hands clasped for a little longer than a normal friendly handshake. His hand was perfectly molded with hers.

She quickly let go of his hand, staring at anything but his deep pools of blue eyes.

"Nice... Nice to meet you, Joshua." She says, staring at her book, his name feeling new on her tongue.

~~~~~~~~~

He was walking around the park, the setting sun making everything turn into molten gold.

He needed some fresh, breathing air, so he decided to take a stroll before going back to his stuffy apartment. He looked around at all the busy people and started whistling and humming a bright tune.

He was almost on the other side of the park so he decided to go back. But before he could change directions, something—more like someone, caught his attention on the corner of his eye.