High school

I was smiling. Happy as could be, but suddenly the sky grew dark and the boy I was holding hands with turned to me.

"Gross! Who would want to be with you?! Let me go you gay!" He tore his hand from mine and pushed me to the ground. "You will die alone!"

I tried to speak to defend myself but no words came out. I was on the ground as he walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat up in bed in cold sweat. I gasped as I tried to catch my breath.

"Fir? You alright honey?"

I stared at the closed door where on the other side my mother stood. I always envied her. Being a unicorn gave her great beauty. Her long silver hair fit perfectly with her pale skin. Her eyes were such a lovely shade of blue. It was like staring at the water while looking at the sky. Upon her perfect forhead was the thing that made her a unicorn, her horn. The bone from her skull was light blue and glowed green when she used magic. Behind her was her tail, a long appendage with silk hair at the tip to match her hair.

"Im fine mother."

At first she didnt move, but she turned and left. Once she was gone, I took a peak at my phone. Five minutes before I had to get up. At first I decided to just lay down but today was my first day at a new high school. We had to move schools when I was the new target for the bullies. My father said I should of used my dragon strength or at least my unicorn magic, but I personally did not want to cause more problems, so I went with it until we moved.

"Hurry up Fir! I am making pancakes! Newt berry pancakes!"

I heard my stomach growl at that. I lightly chuckled before getting out of bed and going to my dresser.

"Give me a few minutes!"

At first I did not know what to wear but decided on my favorite green shirt and a pair of black shorts. I looked at my other options, but stopped because I did not have much to choose from. With me being a dragon unicorn hybrid, clothing choice was limited. I had to get shirts that went over my wings and did not get ripped by my three red horns. My pants and underwear had to allow my tails room to move.

Quickly I went to the bathroom to change and brush up on my looks. Once I was dressed I faced the mirror. My hair was like fire, yellow at the tips that slowly turned to orange. My red horn on my forehead stuck out and so did the two horns on either side of my face that turned towards my face. I glanced at my mouth where my dragon tooth stuck out. The tooth was pointed down towards my chin. I was lucky to get one tooth and not two like my dad. Next I focused on my wings. The deep red of the giant wings always amazed me. They were much like my dads. I quickly tore my gaze to the three tails behind me. They looked like a unicorn tail, but sadly they had deep red scales, and the tips were little tufts that matched my hair. Finally came the view I loathed the most, my eyes. One eye was a red dragon eye, the other a unicorn eye. My dragon blood did not work well with my unicorn blood when it came to the eye. I am blind in me left eye. My magic can only do so much.

I shook my head before brushing my teeth then my hair. I parted my hair so it covered my left eye and tucked my hair behind my ear on my right side. Taking a glance once more in the mirror, I deemed myself worthy and headed ti the kitchen.

"There is my boy!" My father's deep voice rumbled in the some what quiet air.

My father is a dragon. He looks human, but at the same time not. Behind his ears are two pointed horns. Then the two teeth that stick out his mouth. His eyes were a jade color. His wings matched the dark red patched of scales located on his body. Next to his leg was his powerful tail. At the end of his tail was a claw to say. His skin was pretty dark and his light red hair kinda matched. He has a beard too, but it is small, he says as he ages it will grow since he is a dragon.

"Why must you hide who you are?" My mother asked sadly.

"Are you not proud of who you are?" My father asked.

"I am proud of who I am, but I wish not to move schools. I already had to leave my two best friends behind. If I make a friend here I do not want to leave them too."

They hesitated before nodding in understanding. Satisfied, I sat at the table across from my father. We waited patiently for mother to serve us. Not long after, she placed a plate in front of us each, on the plates were newt berry pancakes. After thanking her, she got busy making herself apple pancakes. I turned my attention to my pancakes and dug in. When it came to food, my dragon side took over, so I tended to eat meats or meat flavored foods. Rarely, did my unicorn side kick in making me eat fruits and vegetables.

"Hurry up and eat you two. Today is a big day for you both." Mother spoke to us as she sat down to eat.

My dad is the owner of his own company, I do not know he does because I am not interested, but I do know, today he is making a deal that could change his company's future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My father dropped me off in front of the new high school before heading to work. Since we moved he has to travel farther. I turned and watched the car disappear into the distance before heading inside.

As I headed for the office I studied a few students. There were very few hybrids and a lot more pures. I also noticed most stopped talking to their friends to stare at me. I would glance away blushing and walk just a little faster. Before I knew it, I was at the office. I quickly walked in and quietly closed the door. The snake woman behind the desk stopped what she was doing to look at me.

"You must be Fir Taka." Her voice was sweet and calm.

"Correct ma'am."

She smiled at me. "Such a polite young man." She paused as she glanced down, "A student by the name Kilo will be here shortly to show you to your class and will be helping you all day." 

"Thank you."

I took a seat and waited patiently for Kilo to show. I watched the clock as the office was filled with the sound of the keyboard and the occasional ring of a phone from a few different rooms. Not long did a wolf boy walk in.

"You must be Fir." He smiled brightly at me.

"You must be Kilo." I confirmed.

"Yeah, that is me! Now follow me. I memorized your shedule so do not worry about where to go."

"If you say so."

"Well come on."

I stood up and followed him outside the office. Once a few feet away, Kilo stopped and turned to me. A smile covered his face, and he spread his arms out wide.

"Welcome to Four Paw High School!"