S. Drake

UNCHARTED 4
My own custom made moodboards & aesthetics. Is this hell? Probably.
_____

"Sam!" You called out from your dream. The eldest Drake brother glanced over at your sleeping figure. Sweating and tangled up in the off white sheets of the single, king sized bed the two of you had the luck of sharing.

The one lamp Samuel had on, illuminated the corner he was in, studying the newest clue they'd received, despite him already having cracked it a near hour ago.

Sometimes he'd get lost in thought, now that you've joined the traveling circus. He knew you weren't in it for the 400 million dollars at the end of the line, because 'that wasn't what you were all about', as said by you.

Samuel Drake knew that you were in it for the experience (and hopefully to hang around him). He also knew how important you thought his life to be.

Sure, nobody wants to die, and sure he knew everyone, Nate, Elena, Sullivan and you were risking your lives for him. He was always appreciative, obviously, but that didn't restrict him from doing his job. Protecting you.

"Sam, please don't!" You shouted in your slumber, the case of the feathered pillows becoming moist from either 1) The tears falling from your e/c orbs or 2) You sweating buckets. You couldn't tell.

Sam's attention was on you, only. Y/N the star attraction of his very own show. Slowly, Sam stood from the wooden chair, a chorus of cracks and pops came from his joints, his back (mainly), knees and ankles, for remaining in the same position for nearly four hours.

He walked silently over to the empty side of the bed, sitting close to your occasionally thrashing limbs. Once more, your cried-growled, "Don't touch him, leave him alone- Sam!" He grabbed onto your hand, watching your body relax into the cushioned bed, but your eyebrows stayed furrowed and lips formed into a frown.

"Y/N. I'm right here, I'm okay, I... Love you." He continued to whisper sweet nothings into your ear, watching as you were calmed by his voice. Soon enough, he too, drifted off into sleep alongside you, slipping into the warmth of the soft bed.

Just before he dozed off into the darkness' embrace, Sam slung his arm over your body, pulling you into his chest.

_____

Your eyelids cracked open, revealing the tired gems hidden by sleep. The sun pierced the soft darkness, dust particles floating to and from, the curtains letting light seep in from where they couldn't cover.

The french doors hidden behind the milky curtains led to the cement balcony, overlooking the beautiful forest located below. A small circular table to the left of the bed, wardrobe directly in the center... and an arm around your midsection. The last part was new, however.

A soft, musky (yet sweet) cologne filled your nose, clouding your thoughts with swirls of smoke and wisps of air. A single word came to mind, a name actually.

Samuel.

Feeling the warm breath dance across your neck & shoulder, waltzing onto your collar bone. A distant smell of cigarette smoke surrounded you in a comforting embrace.

Slowly, (and carefully) you twisted around in his arms, watching Sam Drake sleep soundly, the only time in the day where he looked fifteen years younger that when he was awake. After a while, you lost track of the time, drifting in and out of sleep.

Waking up from the 'nap', The older man was not in the bed with you, but the doors to the stone balcony were open, the floor length curtains blowing softly in spite of the cool Scotland wind. You pushed the baby blue duvet to the side, your naked legs exposed to the harsh breeze. You let your feet drop to the hardwood flooring, a chill riding up your spine, coating your body in goosebumps.

Silently stepping over to the doors, you inhaled the fresh air, a strand of hair blowing in front of your eyes, only to be pushed away seconds later by your fingers. Sam stood, leaning against the balcony's edge, a cigarette dangling from his slightly chapped lips. Sneaking up behind him, the smell of smoke getting stronger the closer you got.

You laced your arms around his torso, feeling him tense up before realizing it was you. A smile graced his lips, loving the feel of your arms around him. "Morning." You spoke softly, smelling the same cologne from earlier. Your hair tickiling the nape of his neck.

"Well good morning to you." He spoke in a hushed tone. You giggled softly into the dip of his shirtless back. Sam rubbed the tip of his burnt out cigarette into the glass ash tray to the side of his figure. Sam turned around, immediately placing his lips on yours.

There were no fireworks, no sparks. Just two adults sharing eachother's lips on the balcony of a four star hotel in Scotland. Sam Drake knew that he, was in love.

_____

AMEN

Thanks for reading, and this was called "He Knew"