Chapter 39

The second Niall saw me at the airport in Miami, he crossed the space between us in three long strides, picking me up into his arms, lifting me off the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist, clinging to him tightly. I savored everything about him. The feel of him, the smell of him. Everything.

“Ugh, get a room.” Maui said from somewhere behind me.

“We intend to,” Niall teased, setting me down gently and kissing me. It felt like it used to. No tension, no walls. I prayed the feeling would stay.

We kissed for a long while, until Maui cleared her throat.

“Okay, so, HI!” she said, reaching her hand out towards Niall. “Im Maui.”

Niall laughed, releasing me to shake her hand. “Niall.”

Niall bent over, picking up my bags, and taking Mauis from her, leading us towards the SUV that was waiting outside the doors. We followed behind him, and Maui elbowed me, nodding in his direction.

“Holy fuck!” she mouthed.

I gave her a questioning look.

“Hes hot!” she mouthed silently again.

I laughed out loud. “You said you had seen his picture,” I whispered, trying to keep Niall from hearing our conversation.

“I had,” she nodded, her eyes turning to roam over Niall. “But the real thing….jesus.”

“Maui, hands off.” I teased.

“No promises,” she said, giving me a smile. “Who is to say that he wont need a little private nursing care? Like, in the form of a sexy sponge bath.”

“Im not deaf, ladies,” Niall called from over his shoulder.

Maui and I burst out laughing.

After Niall threw our bags into the back of the SUV, we climbed in and were on our way to the hotel. Mike was driving, giving me a warm smile in the rearview window.

“Good to have you back, Dylan,” he said as he navigated the Florida traffic. “This boy has been hell on wheels since he came back without you.”

“And that is different from any other time, how?” I questioned, earning me a pinch from Niall.

Once at the hotel, Mike helped with our bags. Since Mauis attendance had been rather sudden, she was taking the room that had been reserved for me, and I was staying with Niall. Usually, I still had my own room, since all the hotels for the tour had been booked before we had started dating, so this arrangement worked out fine for everyone.

Mauis room was beside ours, and as she hauled her bags to the door, she looked over at us.

“I don’t want to hear anything that might scar me for life, you understand?” she warned. “If its not me making the noises, I don’t wanna hear ‘em!”

Niall burst out laughing. “Oh this girl is going to get on great with us.”

Inside the comfort of the room, Niall piled my bags beside his, sitting on the bed to pull of his shoes. I came to stand in front of him, pulling his baseball cap of his head, and throwing it to the side, releasing his wild blonde hair. Niall put his hands on my hips, looking up at me with a sexy grin. His thumbs teased the skin at the hem of my jeans.

“So, you feel better now that I am here?” I asked, leaning down to kiss him on the lips.

“Mmmhmm.” He mumbled against me. “Although I would feel even better if I could punch that prick in the face.”