Breakfast

It was early in the morning but Pepper had gotten up so she could make something for her boys to eat.
Her boys.. While Peter still wasn't officially theirs, he and Tony were everything she could've ever asked for in a family.

She was pulling a pan out of one of the cupboards when she heard the familiar sound of padded feet coming down the hallway.
"Whatcha doing, mum." He wondered curiously. Pepper smiled softly.
It had taken Peter longer to start calling her mum then it had for him to start referring to Tony as daddy but she cherished it all the same.

"Making breakfast. What are you doing? You're not usually up this early." She noted, turning back to the work at hand. Peter climbed up into a chair, watching her. He shrugged.
"Just awake." He told her, twiddling his thumbs. Pepper found that hard to believe, while she may not have had Peter that long, she knew the boy always had something in his brain.
Usually it was silly stuff or imaginary worlds he loved to create, other times it was the nightmares and ghosts of his past. But it was hard to believe Peter had woken up "just because". Even so, she knew better than to press the issue. She'd learnt the hard way with Tony. People talk when they're ready and Peter just wasn't at that point yet.

"Well, you're up early. Why don't you help me make breakfast. I'm sure Tony will love that." She suggested and Peter's eyes lit up.
"Yeah! I can help!"

There wasn't much a 5 year old could do in a kitchen that wouldn't end in complete disaster, but Pepper somehow made it work. Peter sat perched atop the counter, handing things to the older woman and stirring the pancake mix contentedly.
"... All done, mum. It's ready for da oven." He caught her attention from where she was cooking the bacon.
Pepper chuckled. "Good job, buddy. Want to wash your hands and wake up daddy while I finish up?"
Peter nodded, wiggling himself down from the counter. "Okay. Can daddy also do bath time tonight?" He asked as he walked across the floor.

Pepper had been doing bath time for the time Peter had been here so far. Despite Peter's unrelenting attachment to Tony, he hated being too vulnerable in front of men. The most he would let Tony do is change him with his underwear on.
"Are you sure?" She asked. She didn't want Peter to feel like he had to let Tony do this but if he felt ready, she couldn't push that progress away. Peter shrugged.
"Yeah... But you come too." He added quickly and Pepper smiled.
"Of course. Now go, breakfast is almost done."

Peter had washed his hands and was walking down the hallway to the bedroom when a disheveled Tony Stark stepped out of his room.
"Morning, daddy." Peter held his arms up. "It's breakfast time. Mum and me made it, I stir pancakes." He explained as Tony picked him up.
"Good morning, kid. You had me worried when you weren't in bed this morning." He chuckled as they walked to the kitchen.
Tony Stark could wake up like this every morning and he wouldn't complain. Maybe the domestic life really was starting to grow on him. Either way, he was happier than he'd been in a long time.