Chapter 8~ Eight Bait

It was game day. I was thinking about this event all week. I figured since the new Mayor's event would be the perfect *attention drawer* for the Ice-cream man.

I mean, a whole lot of people are going to be there so why wouldn't he be there? But, I did think about what would happen if he does come and causes chaos. Only one way to find out.

It was around 4pm on a Saturday afternoon. The weather was great. The sun was shining and little kids were outside playing tag, the people bar-b-quing, and (my personal favorite) *the old school* couple on rocking chairs on the porch.

I was coming my hair. I put some cologne on. I coughed a bit cause I put too much.
"Oh geez..." I said.
I knocked over my lamp as I left the room.

"Ugh, really." I went back to pick it up.
"Son, you okay?" My dad asked.

"Yeah." I said .
"Ready to go?" Dad asked.
"No wait." I said.
"Ok, I will wait in the truck." Dad said.

I went into my room and got my phone. I opened it up.
Texts:

Joshua: (80) Ready FREDDY!!
Sebastion:(5) Its alright. But I have a football game today...
Emily:*Active 5 hours ago*
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
*oh my gosh Josh* 80 texts? What the HECK. Does he have anything else to do.

I was a little scared because his speech wasn't going to be serious. His speech was going to be filled with puns.

I ran downstairs and out the door. I opened the truck door and got in.

Dad-"Son, I'm going to the flower shop before we go eat. If that's fine with you. Or do you want to go after?"
Raven-"Um, yeah. Let's go there first so I can buy flowers for Emily."

Crap.

"Emily?huh. She's a pretty gurl." Dad said.
There was an awkward pause.
"Uh, yeah. How do you know her?" I asked.

"I used to work with her mother."He said.
We arrived at the flower shop. I was surprised that I saw Miss Pullen there. Dad's eyes had widened.

"Oh, uh." I said a little awkwardly.
Raven-"I'll go over here." Dad looked at me like *Don't go*.
I went to look for some flowers. In between the shelves with flowers I peeked a bit to see what my dad was going to say.
"Hey, I'm Raven' s father, Doug." He said sticking his hand out.
"Oh, nice to meet you?" Miss Pullen said a  little unsure. She shook his hand.

I stopped looking from there not wanting to see a Hallmark channel scene. You know.... Where the old people have dead relatives and they find something in common. Anywho...

I went looking around for the perfect  flowers. I found these beautiful Dahlia flowers. They were red and white at the tips.

Dad-"Ready Son."
Raven-"Yeah."
We bought the flowers in some nice vases. We drove to Emily's house.

You can't imagine how nervous I was. I promise I almost dropped the flowers on my way up the stairs. My whole body was shaking. I was scared of knocking on the door. But it was too late.

Emily-"Hey."
"Were you there the whole time..." I said sarcastically.
"Um..No...I like to look out the window.." she said a little nervous.

"These are for you." I said pulling the flowers from behind my back. She started to stare at me with the *What are those* face.

"I know you are trying to be nice but...um...I-uh, I can't accept these." She said putting her hair behind her ear.