Chapter One

Chapter One

Luna's P.O.V

"Luna!" I heard a cheerful voice holler. I turned and saw my mentor waving at me and rushing towards me.

"Uncle!" I squealed as the headmaster of Cross Academy and my mentor picked me up in a hug and spun my around until we were both dizzy. He didn't like me calling him anything other than Uncle. I never knew why though and never thought much about it. "How are you?" I asked.

"I am wonderful!" he yelled as he set me down on my feet. "And how have you been? I haven't seen you in years!"

"I've been better," I answered truthfully. The Black Veins made me tired and I had seen better days.

"Well come on!" he squealed. He grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the school. He started running when we realized I was coming along. "I want you to meet my daughter Yuki!"

He had a daughter now? Was it the same Yuki girl that Zero drank from? I laughed as he dragged me along insistently as we raced through the corridors of the academy. By the time we had gotten to his office we were laughing our butts off and panting slightly, me more than him in my condition.

"Have a seat, have a seat," he said as he poured a cup of tea. "Yuki and Zero will be here when their class gets out in a few more minutes. Kaname should be here soon as well." He sat next to me on the loveseat and gave me tea taking his own. I inhaled the wondrous scent of Earl Grey and smiled a wide smile.

"My favorite," I breathed.

"I haven't forgotten yet, my dear," Uncle chuckled. "So how is everyone? I haven't seen anyone in so long. How are your parents?"

"They're good," I answered. I took a sip of tea and continued. "They're doing the same old stuff. Anna misses you though."

"And I miss her. Almost as much as I missed you." He winked and playfully nudged my side with his elbow. I giggled and drank more of my tea. "And what of Takumi?"

My smile fell and I rested my tea in my lap looking down at it. My blonde bangs covered my eyes as I hung my head. "Takumi... is no longer with us," I said quietly.

"I am so sorry, Luna," Uncle apologized. "I had no idea."

"It's fine," I assured. "It's been a while now so it doesn't hurt as bad to talk about him."

I lifted my head as Uncle brought me in for a brief hug. "I'm here if you ever want to talk, alright?" he said softly. Tears welled in my eyes and I buried my head in the crook of his neck sobbing silently, tears streaming down my face. There was a knock on the door before someone stepped in. I quickly stood, placed the tea on the table in front of us and went to window, wiping at my tears.

"Am I interrupting something?" a velvety smooth voice said from behind me.

"No Kaname," Uncle said calmly. I took deep breaths and turned around when I was sure there were no tears on my cheeks. "This is my niece, Luna. She is also the hunter that has been assigned to monitor Zero. Luna, this is dorm president of the Night Class Kaname Kuran."

I looked into almost crimson eyes and had to hold in my gasp. He was beautiful. His shoulder length black hair hung in layers and framed his face perfectly. He was tall, so tall that I would have to tilt my head to see his face if we were closer. He was like a Greek god for Christ's sake.

He walked up to me and reached down to grab my hand. He bent down and brought my hand to his lips. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Luna," he said against my knuckles. I trembled slightly, and it wasn't the pain I was used to it being.