Anomaly Panic

"Personal log, stardate..."

Shriveb paused and looked around. Trying to find something with the date on it. Soon he spotted the date on his computer screen.

".. 53412. I have been assigned to this ship for about one month and two weeks. After the incident two weeks ago we have had pretty calm days. Now we are on route to a starbase to take supplies to be delivered to a mining colony, we should be arriving in a few hours."

He sighed as he took a brief pause between his sentences, his blue antennae were showing signs of his stress. He scratches his white locks as he thinks of a way to continue.

"I feel an odd unease, perhaps I should request a rest leave from Captain Raymonds... End log."

Shriveb sat back on his chair. He was in the newly issued uniform for the DINGHY. The Uniform was a unique design for this ship, the federation wanted to make it more interesting Shriveb guessed. The Uniform was pretty standard, the classic colors were still in use. The major difference was that the top part of the shirt, going over the shoulders with a jagged form, was black and the remainder of the top was colored. The pants were black as well, with a mandatory belt and classic black shoes. Shriveb actually liked the design, it had the colors more present and made him look redder than the previous uniforms. As his mind was adrift in something as simple as uniforms the comms sounded.

"Bridge to Commander Th'korres. Please report to the bridge"

Shriveb jolted up in his chair and pressed his badge.

"I'll be there"

Shriveb hastily walked out of his quarters and made his way onto the bridge. As he arrived on the wide bridge of the DINGHY he looked to see his friends on their stations. Etsan was stationed behind the Captain's chair on the Monitoring and weapons console looking down at his screen giggling as he went through funny Klingon jokes. Cloud was on a station near the elevator and close to Etsan where he was looking at readings from the sensors. Shriveb looked at his comrades whom he had become close friends with. Etsan was a tall muscular Klingon with short black hair that was parted from the right side some of it getting close to covering his ridges. He had no facial hair which was an odd condition he had. Cloud, on the other hand, was shorter, relative to Etsan and Shriveb himself, standing high and mighty at 176 cm. His dark brown hair swept deeply from left to right going slightly upward in the further end. He had thick-framed glasses, a choice in this time period. Shriveb walked up to the Captain's chair and looked to his side. The Captain, gray hair, and beard was looking straight ahead. His scars, though minor were visible.

"Commander Shriveb we are about to drop out of warp, please take stations"

After giving a 'Yes Sir' Shriveb walked over to one of the stations to monitor whatever he had to monitor. The Captain soon commanded to drop out of warp speed, the scene that followed wasn't pretty. The Starbase was under attack by two small ships. They were firing at the Starbase rapidly.

"All Hands on battle stations, engage red alert!"

The Captain swiftly commanded, the beeping sound of the alarm wailing in the ship. Shriveb looked back at the Captain waiting for his next command.

"Ready photon torpedoes and fire phasers at the Enemy ships"

Etsan took action on his battle station, Shriveb got up and ran to his side to assist him with weapon systems. They fired the phasers at the enemy ships. They turned away from the Starbase and started attacking the DINGHY. The ship took impact from the Phaser fire.

"Photon torpedoes ready Captain." Informed Etsan.

"Fire!" The Captian commanded.

The Torpedoes launched towards the enemy ships missing as the ships took incredibly fast motions.