Dead to Me

My P.O.V

My emotions were going to be the death of me. I couldn't control myself. I never felt this betrayed. Everything that Sammy told me was true. Jack has been lying this whole time. My trust for him has vanished and so did my respect. When Jack became overprotective over his drugs and put his hands on me, I was stunned. I knew Jack Gilinsky. Jack Gilinsky was the man that supported me through every decision I made. He was my ride or die. Jack Gilinsky was my savior. He was the one person I could count on. He was the man of my dreams, everything I ever wanted or needed. He was mine, but now I don't know who this kid is anymore. I gave him a second chance and this is what I get. I get depression and scars on my wrists? He was my world and now that Jack Gilinsky that I once was head over heels in love with, is gone, I needed to move on once and for all. He's dead. He might not be physically dead, but to me he is. And I promise you that mine and Jack Gilinsky's chapter has ended and it will never open again.

I laid on my bed crying for hours. I was not crying because I lost Jack Gilinsky. I've been through it once before, I can do it again. I was so used to the young, romantic Jack Gilinsky that I couldn't bare to see him another way. He became a stranger. And I soon realized that I cannot be in love with a stranger. I left the house. I packed everything and went into my car and drove off. The only thing I left at my house was my family, my regrets, and my feelings for Jack. I later called my mom and told her what happened and she was shocked. She was angry at him at the fact that he hurt me once again. This is like senior year all over again. And there is no way in hell I'm reliving that.

I found myself standing in front of a tall, brick, beautiful house. I knocked on the door. The door opened and Sammy answered. He was the only friend I had right now. Ohama became just another town. Ohama wasn't my home anymore. It became a place to store all my past and drama. Sammy led me inside. I followed him into the living room. We sat on the black, leather couch and started talking. "What happened?" Sammy looked so concerned. "It's over." I tried to hold back all the tears. I took a deep breathe and continued, "He's everything I feared." Sammy moved closer to me. He put his arm around me and said, "He doesn't deserve you." I laid my head on his shoulder. I nodded. He spoke again, "I'm really sorry I broke your heart. You didn't deserve that. That's one of the things I regret the most. I should of held on to you and loved you because you were perfect. You still are. You didn't change at all. Even if you did, you became stronger and more beautiful. When I was a kid, I was immature and all I wanted was sex. I should of chose someone else, to be honest. There isn't a day where I don't think about you. What it would be like if we were still together." I was smiling like a idiot and started blushing. "You've changed." I said. "I hope so." Sammy laughed. He put his hand on my thigh and kissed my forehead. I realized that while Sammy was growing up, he was becoming old Jack Gilinsky that I fell for. And while Jack Gilinsky was fucking his life up, he was becoming old Sammy that I hated.