0.1

Fletcher's POV

7:19 AM

Friday 12th April ( 13 days before 5SOS in LA)

" Fletcher, do you want me to drive you to school?" I rolled my eyes as my mother called me by my full name instead of my nickname, Fletch. "Yeah, sure" I yelled before slipping on my vans and grabbing my black jacket that was hanging on my closet. I slipped my phone in my pocket and stuck my wireless earpods in my ears. I walked out of my room and in the kitchen, only to see my mom shoving a sandwich and a waterbottle in my lunch bag, I sighed as she stressfully looked around the kitchen, probably searching for a fruit for me to eat at lunch.

"Hi baby, you said you were eating with Thomas and Eliza so I made you a sandwich, there's a water bottle and I slipped in a few cookies I think" She said and opened the bag, verifying that there were cookies in it.

"Would you like a fruit? I can't find them, where's the apples?" She asked and pushed me aside. My mother was quite short, she was about 5'4, only three inches shorter than me. She opened the fridge and grabbed a green apple and shoved it into my bag.

"Can we go now?" I asked, impatient to be at school and see my friends. She grabbed my backpack.

"Yes, of course" She said smiling as she gave it to me before taking her keys that were on the counter and slipped on her shoes.

We walked out of the apartment index and into the parking lot where she last parked the car. My mom had a G-Wagon, she got it a year ago for her birthday from my Grandparents I took out my earpods out and slipped them in my pocket, maybe there's something interesting on the radio. I climbed in the car as soon as Mother unlocked it and quickly fastened my seatbelt.

"Do you wanna do something this weekend Fletch?" She asked when she got in and fastened her seatbelt.

"Sure what do you have in mind Ma?"  I shuffled in my seat trying to get comfortable.

" Uhh.. Maybe go out and see a movie, we haven't done that in a while," She suggested and I nodded

"Yeah, why not." I said before leaning over and turning on the radio.

"After 18 months spent on the road and years of nail-biting anticipation from their fans, bandmates Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood and Ashton Irwin finally delivered on their commitments of new music with a song; Want You Back! " the radio blasted making me jump slightly but gave me goosebumps was the fact that my last name was said. I looked at Mom her eyes wide open before stopping at the red light.

" Ashton Irwin?" I questioned. " That's the same last name as my dad right?" I said and giggled a little," What a coincidence right Ma?" I said and turned my head to look at her

"Yeah, a crazy coincidence" She said shortly looking straight ahead as if she was trying to dodge the subject somehow.

"We're here Fletch." She spoke up after a moment, my eyes were glued on my phone. I was texting Thomas, who was ranting about his crush on the new guy in 4th period.

"Fletcher get off your damn phone and get out I have go to work" Ma sais playfully and I laughed

"Okay! I'm going" I said putting my hands up in defense and taking off my seatbelt and jumping out of the car. I grabbed my bag from the backseat and walked to the drivers seat. I kissed my Mom on her cheek before turning around