chapter 30

(joes pov)

I opened the door as Demi rushed into my arms crying. "hey." I rubbed her back. "what's wrong?" he asked. Frankie looked over and stared. "let's go up to my room." I said and grabbed her hand.

I cradled her in my arms and rubbed her belly a little. "do you want to tell me now?" I asked her and kissed the top of her head. she calmed down a little bit. "my mom..." she started. "she just had me drive her to a rehab facility." she said. I rubbed her belly some more. "oh baby." I said. I felt bad knowing how hard that probably was for her.

we sat in silence a little before I realized she was asleep. I felt Brooklyn kicking inside her belly. I think Demi was learning to sleep through it. I smiled. in 4 months and 2 weeks our little princess was going to be here. and I know college life and everything else wasn't going to be exactly how I planned it, but it was still going to be a good life.

I got up after a few minutes, and coveted Demi and Brooklyn up. then I shut my bedroom door lightly to go tell my mom she was over.

"mom." I said as I sat at the kitchen bar. she was peeling potatoes for dinner. "yeah sweetie?" she asked. "I just wanted to tell you Demi's over. she's asleep right now. it's been a rough day for her." I said looking down. my mom made a face. "poor baby." she said. I nodded. "well, I hope she doesn't get too stressed. that could hurt baby Brooklyn." my mom added. I nodded

again. "yeah.." I said.

"something wrong honey?" my mom asked putting the potatoes into the bowling water. "no. just thinking." I said. "about what?" she asked.

"about how in a couple months I'm gonna be a dad. and how much I love Demi." I started. "mom she's just so amazing. & I'm not just saying that because she's carrying my child either. I seriously just love her so much. you know, the first time I saw her I couldn't keep my eyes off her. she totally showed up some football players for me. she was so beautiful." I continued.

"& she's talented. she can play piano like a pro. you don't wonder if she's smarter then u, but u know she is. and she makes me think I can do anything. even talk to you like this." I said. she smiled and kissed the top of my head. "you're getting quite grown up." she said. "I'm just glad you found someone who makes you so happy sweetheart. she's really a keeper. I love her like she's my own daughter." my mom said and that made me happy. "I love u mom." I said.

(end)