2. New friends

(Hey guys! Here's part 2! I'm really excited, so I think I'll be updating each part after another soon! Writing is one of my main passions, so this is very fun and lovable for me!)

The wind blows through your hair as Blackjack flies through the sky, the clouds passing by you. You breathe in the air, keeping your arms tightened around Percy's waist. You don't particularly like him, though he's cute. Percy had explained everything to you (including the fact that he has a girlfriend). So basically, Percy was a son of Poseidon, and Camp Half-blood is a camp for demigods, the offspring of gods and mortals, and apparently, you're a demigod too. "But then who the hell is my godly parent? And does that mean that my dad really didn't leave me and my mom?" You ask. "Oh my god, this is all so much to take in!" 

"Your dad left because he had to. Every god or goddess always has to leave their mortal soulmates and children because they have very important jobs," Percy explains. "So I have to get claimed? What does that mean?" You question. "Basically, this sign has to appear above you, and it'll be the symbol of whatever god or goddess your parent is," Percy replies. "Whoa, that's cool. Do I have a symbol above my head? Ooh, who is it? I hope it's Hephaestus, so I can have fire powers---" "Slow down there, (y/n)," Percy interrupts, chuckling. You blush a bit from embarrassment. "So you're the son of Poseidon? That's so cool! Does that mean you have water powers?" You ask. "Yep, I do. It's pretty cool," Percy agreed. You sigh and look around. "You definitely can't get this kind of view from an airplane," you think as you watch the clouds pass you. 

(Time skip)

Finally, after a while of riding, Blackjack appears over Long Island. He flies through the mist and lands down on the shore of a peaceful beach. You and Percy slip off him and you look around. "Wow, I've never been here before," you say. "Is Camp Half-blood also shielded by the Mist?" "Yeah, it is," Percy says. He feeds Blackjack a little snack, then Blackjack takes off into the air and disappears. "Where is he heading to?" You ask. "Probably to hang out with some of his Pegasus friends," Percy guesses. "It's cool that you can talk to Equestrian animals," you remark. "Yeah, totally. Come on, I want to introduce you to some of my camp friends," Percy says. You both walk until you reach a big entrance with torches, with a sign that reads: Κάμπινγκ μισό αίμα. But you know what that read. Your dyslexia that normally messed up English words turns the Greek words into English. The title now reads: Camp Half-blood. 

Percy looks at me. "I'm guessing you realize now how dyslexia works for demigods," he says. You slowly nodded. "Yep, I'm getting it," you reply. You both walk in and see a huge camp filled of people walking and different creatures. There was a beautiful view of the ocean, with mountains to add. Creatures walk past you, such as satyrs and centaurs. You gulp. "Oh god, this is so new to me," you say. Percy laughs. "I know, right? I felt the exact same way, I can relate," he tells you. A girl walks up to Percy. She has long wavy blonde hair that tumbles down her shoulders, and stormy gray eyes. She wears an orange t-shirt that says: Camp Half-blood. She puts her arms around Percy and kisses him, then she observes you. "So this is the new demigod Chiron sent you to get," she says. Percy nods. "(y/n), this is Annabeth, my girlfriend. Annabeth, this is (y/n)," he introduces. "Has she been claimed yet?" Annabeth asks. "No, actually. I'm still waiting," I reply. "It's nice to meet you. Percy told me about you. Daughter of Athena, huh? That's cool. You must be pretty wise." You chuckle, but Annabeth knits her brows, like she's confused. "Um, I guess?" She says. You chuckled a little awkwardly. "I guess you don't get the joke," you mutter. 

"So," Percy says, trying to rid the conversation of awkwardness. "Let me introduce you to my other friends." He leads you through the camp, and you both walk up to a satyr. "Hello there, Percy. Hey, new girl," he greets. "What's up, man?" Percy asks. "Um, (y/n), this is my best friend Grover. Grover already knows you, so you don't have to introduce yourself." You find that kind of creepy, but you let it slide. Soon, Percy has introduced all of his friends to you: Piper Mclean, Jason Grace, Juniper the dryad, Hazel Levesque, and a bunch of others. "Where's Leo?" Annabeth asks. "He's probably working on something in the cabin," Percy answers. "Oh yeah, that's the one last person I haven't introduced you to yet." "Leo? Who's that?" You ask. "Oh, trust me," Annabeth says, laughing. "He's the biggest flirt you will ever meet in the entirety of a lifetime." You shrug. "Not a big deal for me," you say.