Dance Partners (yaoi)

PROLOGUE

Oliver knew from a young age that he was "different". Oliver Errol had always wanted to be a ballet dancer ever since he'd gone on a field trip with his school to see the Nutcracker with his grade three classmates. After begging and pleading his parents, the Errols signed up their little boy up for ballet classes. They bought him all the necessary things like tights and under armor, the whole gimmick. Oliver proudly spoke about his ballet classes on 'Show 'n' Tell' day in front of his class. The little blond boy showed off his certificate and small ribbon for completing his first year of ballet.

This was when he learned that kids can be cruel. From thereon he was bullied and most boys along with several girls avoided him. This was when Oliver was eight. Now he was in the tenth grade, sixteen years old and still pursuing his wish to be a dancer. But it was hard. 

Between work at Gale's Convenience, school, dance and his home life of now only him and his mother; Oliver didn't have time to socialize.. He didn't bother with friends, making him a known victim of bullies and loneliness. 

"Guess what came in the mail today!" Doreen Errol, Oliver's optimistic mother squealed excitedly as her blond boy walked in kitchen doorway. Her short body and excited grin pulled Oliver out of his reverie of his elementary years. Oliver dropped his heavy grey and white bag on the linoleum floor, a small thud resonating from the sports bag. It was a tough material that kept it durable after several years of use; one that felt rough and left a slight callous on his palms when he carried it. *

"What is it?" The blond smiled, watching his mother scamper to his taller figure. 

"Hazeline's letter!!" The shorter, brown haired woman yelled. It was obvious his mom was bubbling with overflowing happiness. They lived in a small home farther off in the countryside of Japan but it had an upside; it was right next to the ocean. The beach was beautiful because not many people came down to this area. there was approximately maybe seven hundred people who lived in the big country side. Though the number sounded big, everyone was spread out and most people had about five or six people per family so the numbers climbed quickly. Doreen was nearly bouncing as she waved the official looking tan envelope with the Hazeline Academy of Dance and Education's insignia on it under Oliver's nose. 

Oliver's heart jumped to his throat with anxious excitement. It was his dream school and four months ago he'd auditioned for this academy. He let out a strangled nervous laugh as he pulled off his sneakers. The blond had just gotten home from dance class and it was approaching seven thirty. 

"I'm so nervous." He confided, grinning with shaking hands and sweaty palms. His brunette mother reassured him and lead him to the living room couch. 

"Don't be, Olly, I bet you got in." She smiled.

"I bet you ten dollars I didn't." 

In the same usual optimistic mood, Oliver's mother smirked and quipped "I'll take you up on that."

Oliver chuckled and glanced up into his mother's chocolate pools of reassurance and exhaustion. "Alright then, here goes...." The corners of his eyes crinkled as his matching brown eyes smiled towards his mother. Slowly the blond opened the letter from Hazeline Academy and read the first line.

He gasped as his pale jaw dropped. 

"Well what does it say?"

"O-oh... mom...." Oliver breathed.

"Olly?" Doreen asked her son worriedly. "What does it say?"

Tears welled up in his eyes as he looked up from the page and then back down to double, triple and quadruple check. "D-dear mister E-Errol.... Y-you.. you've..."

"Honey?"

"Y-You've been.. been a-acc..accepted..!" Oliver cut himself off with joyous tears, burying his face in his mother's chest. The blond was hysterically happy as he hiccuped with a trembling lower lip.

His mother was ecstatic, congratulating him and hugging him close. "I'm so proud of you baby." She cooed, rubbing her son's back and rocking them back and forth slowly. 

Though it was only the beginning, Oliver coun't help but quiver with excitement. He was nervous, his dreams coming into reach. Yet, Oliver had no idea of the huge obstacles ahead. 

****************************************

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY!

Thank you so much for reading please drop a bit of feed back in  the comments <3

 *edit made with the help of @emoliz17 please go check out their account :)