Almost There

"Lia!" Maxx shook me awake and Max licked my face. "I'm up!" It has been a week since I arrived back at school and classes start again today. I got up and walked into the bathroom. I showered quickly and threw on some clothes. I stepped out of the bathroom with a cropped, distressed sweater, ripped shorts and leggings, white Converse and a beanie placed on my head. I grabbed my backpack and fed Max before leaving the room. I followed Maxx into the cafè, smiling and waving at people as I passed. I sat down at our usual table, coffee in hand. We were soon joined by my brothers, Dan, Cody, and Zach. "Are you guys excited for the first day back?" Emerson snorted, he still looked extremely sleepy. "Here." I handed the younger brother a piece of dark chocolate, which he took gratefully. "Do you normally carry around chocolate?" "Yeah." Remington snickered at me and I pinched his arm. "Mom wants a Skype call after classes ends, Aunt Marie is there too." I titled my head in confusion. I didn't know we have an Aunt. "You haven't met them yet, Aunt Marie is very religious and anti anything that shows creativity. So no hair dye, no piercings and no music." I groaned. "Mom always makes sure to not to leave us alone with her, we always end up arguing." I laughed and took a sip of the warm coffee in front of me.

I leaned against Cody, we got new seats and Mr. Iero made sure to put Cody next to me, I always make sure he's on task. Right now we're watching Thor: Ragnarok, he didn't want to teach just yet. Cody's arms went around my waist and he placed his head on my shoulder. If you didn't know any better, you'd say we're dating. Sadly we're not, so close to it though. "Excuse the interruption, there will be no classes for the rest of the day, there is a bad storm coming in and we want to make sure that everyone is going to be safe, after first hour please find a room and stay in it. At least a 10 to a room, thank you." I looked at Cody and he frowned. Mr. Iero made his way toward us from the front of the room. "Don't worry Cody, Gerard and I will be okay. There is a snow storm and teachers who go home every night, will leave after first hour. If you need anything just call one of us and we'll be here. You're allowed out of your rooms and such, but there will be teachers everywhere, so you can't destroy the school." Mr. Iero clapped Cody on the back, gave me a smile and went to go sit back down. "Do you want to go to my room or yours?" "Yours, it's the biggest. My brothers will want to join us too." Cody nodded against my shoulder and I played with his fingers. It normally calms him down. The bell rang and Mr. Iero stopped us before we left. "Be safe and don't think about going outside. Dr. Way and I will still be here if any of you need anything. Have a good rest of the day." I grabbed Cody's hand and we walked out of the classroom. "I texted the group chat and they're going to go pack some things before we go to my room." I nodded and texted the sibling chat, telling them to pack a few things and meet me in my room.

"I'll see you in a few." I kissed Cody's cheek and walked into my room. Maxx has a backpack already packed and he's looking for something. "Your laptop charger is on the top shelf in the closet." He muttered a thank you and reached into the closet. I quickly packed my things and Max's. Remi walked in, the other two trailing him. "I'm going to take Max out real quick." I put the puppy on a leash and took him outside, having him go to the bathroom. There's doors going outside in every hallway, I'm sure I'll be able to take Max out during the storm. If not I'll put him in the bath and have him go to the bathroom there. He did his business and we both got inside quickly, it had already started to snow. I met back up with the boys and we all started to head to Cody's. Maxx opened the door and we all walked in. Dan and Zach are already in, both are just chilling on the floor, watching Stranger Things. "Scoot the hell over!"