2 | Okay, So Maybe She Had A Problem Starting Fires

Approximately A Couple Years Later...

Aloft high in the pure aquamarine sky shone a brilliant, blazing star cresting over the horizon. The gigantic ball of several gaseous chemicals made sluggish movements upward after each dawdling second, minute, and hour, its daily repetitive cycle starting anew.

Spring had finally emerged following a long, rejuvenating slumber, its annual loop delivering fresh blossoms to bud and sprout in vibrant colors. The season's bright luminosity washed away the lingering memory of a bleak, frigid winter.

Towering trees swayed gently, thin, rugged branches bending to and fro alongside a mild, delicate breeze. Delightful fragrances of nature wafted as an aftereffect of the earth magnificently thriving in peace. Faint, echoing chirps of songbirds sang their pleasant morning tunes, suggesting the day was starting off perfectly for the dainty creatures.

But that wasn't the case for every living being, not even close.

Perhaps the strange manner in which nine individuals arrived at U.A.'s menacing security wall would've set off blaring alarm bells. . . if it weren't for their professional uniforms adorning their forms and hidden identification cards concealed someplace inconspicuous on their person.

They walked like they hadn't a care in this whole, chaotic mess of a deplorable world, ignoring the gaping security personnel whom openly stared at peculiar group as some proceeded to loudly bicker amongst themselves.

Most rambunctiously chuckled whilst others acceptingly sighed, the petty squabble happening between two of their male acquaintances not an unusual occurrence. The heated topic bafflingly deflected to a blame game on who should take responsibility for making them unacceptably late.

One girl in particular had just about enough, her expression shifting as she deeply scowled, eyebrows pinching in irritation. She led the mismatched band of misfits, (f/c) backpack hooked over her dominate shoulder, a hand tightly gripping onto the strap so it wouldn't slip.

One guy and one girl flanked her sides almost like a protective barrier, demeanors impressively cold and unfriendly. The annoyed, (h/c) haired girl peered at the two observantly. First she checked the young man's ruffled midnight locks and darker obsidian irises for a hint of his feelings.

Finding zilch except the usual impassiveness, she moved to her other companion. The older, young woman's silver strands rippled with her confident saunter, matching irises an unnerving hue reminiscent of a deadly, piercing metallic blade. Her unique skin was a faint purple color thanks to the properties of her distinctive Quirk.

"Kei."

Said girl languidly blinked at the sudden call of her name, uninterested eyes swiveling until they connected with a blistering pair of (e/c) optics.

"Take care of Arata and Quillon before I decide to bash their moronic heads together." The agitated order slipped from her mouth without restraint, contently watching as the reserved argent maned girl wordlessly crack her knuckles a tad disturbingly, backtracking immediately.

Frightened yelps echoed throughout U.A.'s abandoned courtyard, scaring a flock of birds from a nearby bunch of clustered foliage. Incomprehensible pleads were shouted to the heavens above as Kei easily handled the boisterous duo causing the disturbance. Creating a complete ruckus, multiple voices hooted and hollered their approval, encouraging the escalation of trouble.

"You're downright evil sometimes, (Y/n)," a composed voice cooly announced quite straightforwardly, but the underlying support in his tone implied his real outlook on her decision.