Plans

It took so much discipline and grit in Arthur to keep himself from Angela.

He barely spoke to her anymore and any higher power above could see how much he was bursting to say something to her. Edward was staying away from Bella as well, which made Arthur want to talk to Angela way more.

Angela tried to speak to Arthur several times; Waving and calling out a greeting to him once or twice every time when he passed her table at lunch or in the halls, he always nodded at her and walked on.

This took every ounce of discipline in him and usually rendered him terribly moody for the rest of the day; this was swell for the rest of his lot in many ways- because with Arthur in such a temper, the sun itself usually his behind gray clouds.

Arthur also had called it quits with the rides and he always left an hour earlier than everyone just to avoid her and well, he was going sordidly mad.

But finally he cracked!

It was at lunch when it happened.

Arthur had been walking pass her table with Alice leading him towards their own when Angela, all red in the face, turned to Eric Yorkie.

"Hey Eric, the girl's choice spring dance is this week and i was wondering-"

Eric interrupted her. "No way, I'm hoping Bella will ask me!"

And he looked across the table, a hopeful smile on his face as he stared at the Swan girl who had eyes only for Edward.

"I'm going to choke him." And Arthur really turned around but then Alice caught his arm.

"Remember what Esme said." Alice warned.

"She's my mother, she'll remember that she loves me when it all blows up in my face. Wish me luck, love." Arthur retorted before yanking his hand out of Alice's and walking towards Angela's table.

Jessica gave a squeal and another girl next to Angela smacked the table as if reflex upon his approach but Arthur paid them no attention as he beckoned the newly pitiful looking Angela to him.

She stood from her seat indifferently, her whole table watching and walked toward him.

He walked a few feet away from the table and the listening ears before he spoke.

"Hullo there." he smiled but Angela did not return his smile just yet.

"You're finally talking to me again, then." she asked making it sound more like a tart statement than the question that it was meant to be.

Arthur sighed and shrugged. "I'm tired of curbing myself, I can't keep from you and I won't try to anymore- if that's okay with you."

Angela's whole demeanor changed then, she flushed a bright beet red and furrowed her eyebrows. "Alright then."

"Sit with me?" Arthur lead her to an empty tablet and sat. "I want to know how you feel about me."

Arthur wasn't the type to beat around the bush too much. So, he needed to know how she felt because the way he saw it; the sooner she told him she liked him, the sooner he could go and immerse into her scent.

"Well I like you, possibly more than I should,"she begin, avoiding his searching bright butterscotch eyes effectively. "but you never did pay attention to me and I never thought you would be interested."

"Oh, come off it, that's not true." Arthur denied.

Angela scoffed softly. "Arthur, you didn't even know my name until two weeks ago and I cringe to think that this might be a prank or a bet you staged with your family."

Arthur suddenly became serious, his expression so stony and yet so gentle. He leaned forward towards Angela and took a curly strand of her brown hair into his fingers. "Look at them Angela, do they look like they're interested in us?"

She took a look at the Hales than at the Cullens. "They look like they want you dead, especially your older sister."

It was true. Rosalie's glare was quite prominent amongst other faces despite the distance; she had been glaring his way for some time now.

Arthur shrugged. "This is not a prank or a bet. Now, you like me and I'm interested in you. Screw the Yorkie kid; come with me someplace the day of the dance?"

Angela looked mildly shocked. "What?"

Arthur leaned back . "I'll bring you to my favorite place and there we can talk a bit more; I can answer your questions about yours truly- properly this time, hm? And it's a good place for photography."

Angela bit her lip and thought for a while, leaving Arthur to ponder whether it was his turn to get turned down. He was confident it wouldn't happen because, if he faced the facts that he often ran away from- he was a tad gorgeous.

Angela turned to him and smiled warmly. "Okay."

"Excellent," Arthur gave the table a pat and flashed his pearly whites. "Excellent. By the way, your friends are watching us closely indeed."

Angela flushed and spluttered. "I- well, you know-"

Arthur leaned into his chair and smirked. "Shall we give them a show, then, little love?"

"Little l- Huh?" Angela questioned with wide eyes and cracky voice.

Arthur stood and Angela stumbled to her feet as if the most terrifying marine general had just screamed at her to do so.

Arthur chuckled at her antics a little, then he advanced so that he was standing directly before her. "A show. I was thinking maybe something like this..."

He leaned down and landed her a kiss on the cheek, making sure to make it linger, slow, and gentle.

A successful gasp met Arthur's ears from both Angela and her lot.
Arthur laughed under his breath before turning and leaving the cafeteria.

Rosalie was going to give him an earful.