Chapter 17

El

I grabbed my phone from the table after the bell rang.

Jared was watching me with a worried look. He looked as worried as I was. Garrett was going to sit with us at our table at lunch.

My heart racing when I sat down with my food at the table. Jared sat across from me. He was avoiding my eye contact .

Garrett never showed up . I kept looking at the time .

12:15.....

12:22.....

12:31....

12:47.....

12:54..... And he finally showed up one minute before the bell rang.

"Hey!" Garrett said sliding next to me .

"Hi.Where have you been?" I asked him .

"Oh. I went to get lunch.Sorry. I just wanted to say hi before-" the bell rang interrupting him "before the bell rang."

"Well you said it . So see you the ." I said clearly annoyed. I waited and pretended all lunch when I could of been with my boyfriend.I got up and threw my trash away a slung my bag over my shoulder ditching the whole table.

I got a text from my mom I'm here go up to the office

Instead of answering I just walked to the office.

I saw my mom waiting for me near the door. " Follow me in your car okay ?" she asked once I reached her.

I nodded and headed for my car.

--

I picked up my other flip flop that I haven't worn since two weeks ago. I got my boot taken off from the car accident. F I N A L L Y.

It was Thursday afternoon and I was getting ready to go to Jaden's house.

I decided on wearing my long white dress that tied around my neck and a black cardigan with it.

I took one final look at myself and went downstairs.

"Well someone's dressed up nicely." My mom commented when I walked downstairs.

She was making dinner for herself.

I nodded. "We're going out to dinner with our friends at Red Lobster, everyone's dressing up." I said smoothly.

She fell for it . "That's nice, come home before one got it ?" She said.

I nodded and grabbed my car keys.

--

10 minutes later , I pulled up at Jadens house.

My heart was pounding as I got out.

Then Jaden came out from the door with a big smile. He was wearing jeans and a blue button up shirt.

"Hey!" he said cheerfully , giving me a hug .

Even though I was nervous, I smiled . "Hi." I said as we walked to the door .

Before we walked in , he stopped and grabbed my hand. "You ready for this ?"

I did a shaky laugh. "No. "

He let out a long breath. " I'm sure they'll like you. I'm afraid my mom might be her crazy self though." he said.

We were silent for a moment , and then we walked in .

"I don't want her in my house!" Was the first thing I heard.

And the last.