UNDENIABLE

"You told me we were going drinking."

Robert had been lied to. Here, under the influence of apparent alcohol, Joseph had dragged him out to the marina. This was not Jim and Kim's, but it was just as familiar. The boats, the thick scent of salt tainting the air, and that one huge yacht the minister himself owned. Oh, he loved it, but he forced on a cold demeanor to push away his warmth towards Joseph.

It had been all too long ago when the two had run away together as teenagers to face the world on their own. This was back in the day when wearing a snapback hat frontwards was still considered "cool". They were rambunctious together; committed arson, got tattoos, stole boats and cars and anything they could get their hands on, really. It had been nice while it lasted, but the warmth faltered when Robert met Marilyn at the older version of Jim and Kim's; since that day, their relationship crumbled more and more until they were both shells laying in a rubble of broken hearts and milestones.

Now that Marilyn was deceased and locked inside a pendant Robert kept her smoky ashes in, the blonde minister saw this as an opportunity to reunite with his old companion.

"Yea? I lied," Joseph giggled helplessly as he stepped up to the side of his yacht along his side of the dock, which he lay a hand against. The smooth exterior of the finely shaped craft caught the warm glint of the sunset, which was fading before them.

"Isn't lying a sin?" Robert folded his arms as he lingered back behind the blue-eyed beauty, his own deep brown eyes seeping down his companion's figure in the diminishing light. Joseph turned to face him, his hand still on the shimmering side of the yacht, and tilted his head. "Is it now?" he was obviously feigning innocence, which made the gruff drinker narrow his eyes and shift uncomfortably on his feet; he hated it when he acted that way. "Ya-huh. You're a youth minister; you should know that."

"Robert, I always kn-"

"Shut up and tell me why you brought me out here."

Immediately, Joseph broke out into a wide, white grin. "Robbie, I told you on the way here!" he exclaimed, his eyes alight with passionate thought. "Did you not hear me? We're spending a night together!"

Robert turned to leave; he was not having any of this. Not today, not ever. Never again would he EVER associate himself with Joseph "Christ" Christiansen; to him, that was just as sinful as choking a cross down your throat, claiming you love eating Jesus' power, in front of a bundle of Christian kids. But, as he went to put one foot in front of the other, the minister whipped him around and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt; a simple gesture that inwardly flustered the darker-skinned man. In the soft tone he loved so much, Joseph managed to whine out a "Robbie.." which made him instantly turn red. He couldn't resist that for the world.

Hesitation, then spoken words.

"Fine. I'll stay."

Joseph's face lit up at Robert's sudden lack of resistance. "You will?" he asked, just to clarify, since he couldn't even believe his own ears. This drew a sigh out of his "friend" as he closed his eyes, his face twisting as he thought about shoving away the blonde and leaving..

"Yea. I will."

"Splendid!" The minister clapped his hands together, then climbed up onto the yacht. He stood proudly amongst the wide expanse of the deck, his figure illuminated by diminishing orange light. He offered a hand to Robert. "Now, get on board! The ocean waits for no one~!"

Slowly, the older man placed his hand in the blonde's, having to lace their fingers together as he dragged him onboard. The darker-skinned male felt suddenly very uneasy as he boarded the yacht, his eyes darting around nervously. Christ, it had been far too long since the last time he had been in this area; the only time he came around was to smoke and drink with Val when she came to visit, especially since this had been her favorite place as a little girl. Plus, they spread the majority of Marilyn's ashes out here; you know, despite the small bit he kept in his pendant.

He really did miss his wife. But he felt as if he missed Joseph more.

The devout Christian was perched over the controls of the yacht, humming Margaritaville sweetly under his breath. His gaze set upon him, scoping out his beautiful features; the softly rounded, defined face, that wind-blown set of blonde curls, those narrow, judgemental blue beauties he had for eyes.. The broad shoulders, the defined chest, the slim torso and perfect curves; practically, God himself was standing before him. The sweet scent of wine mixed with the salty tinge of the ocean, combined with a soft, wafting curl of vanilla from the youth minister made him want to throw everything away and live on island time for a little.

He seemed to have been noticed while staring, for Joseph was now snapping in front of his face. "Hey, Robert? Robert? Are you okay?" he repeated for what seemed to be the fifteenth time.

Dazed and confused, Robert set his gaze fully on his face instead. "Oh, uh.." he averted his gaze as quickly as he had centered in on Joseph's face. "Yea, I'm fine. Just thinking," he admitted, his thumbs hooking in the pockets of his jeans. Despite being so confident and snappy earlier, he had crumpled into a pathetic ball of mixed emotions, which threw themselves every which way inside of his mind.

"About what?" Joseph asked, batting his gorgeous blue eyes up at the older man.

Unable to take it anymore, Robert grabbed Joseph by the front of his shirt, kissing him. Immediately, the blonde melted into his arms, his hands carding through his two-toned, streaked hair. It was oddly affectionate, where the two seemed to wrap up in each other as sweetly as possible, with hands roaming through hair and over torsos/shoulders. As they broke away, Joseph gently patted his chest.

"Is that what you were thinking about?"

"Mhm. You're just too undeniable."