Chapter3

Ethan's P.O.V.

I got up. I couldn't sit still. I passed the worn floor boards. Trying desperately to think of something. Anything. Damnit. My father would have known what to do. My fist clenched in anticipation.

An hour must have gone by before the sun began to breach the window. By this time Alex had calmed down enough to be sent to rinse off the sweat and tears. I went back to my room long enough to grab a shirt before rushing through the pack house to my secluded office.

The Crusaders where on the verge of forming alliances with other packs. Although the other packs were small and knew the history of the Crusaders, they need someone that would 'protect' them, or so they claimed they would do.

We need to find a way to gain the trust of those smaller packs, we might be the largest pack around but the Crusaders had one thing we don't. another one the large packs daughter, were mated to a beta of the Crusaders. That pack, although we have far superior fighting abilities, and protecting, has the trust of smaller packs. Due to the Late Alpha's passing the smaller packs are weary to trust the guidance of my pack, as I am so young compared to most other Alphas.

Thinking strategically, if they were to attack us head on, they would come from the west side of the mountains. It is the most concealed and their scent would be masked by the forest and the blood of other animals they kill to feed on. They could not easily pass through our lands so they would stay near the border, we already have 105 wolfs placed around the boarder waiting. They will be heading hear in, judging by Alex's vision, in two weeks. We must be ready for them.

My thoughts slipped back to Alex, when we were younger he would have the visions, but they were more of just flashes, and never this frequent. They only came a few times a month, if that much at all. They scarred him more than anything, so he woke up screaming and crying. He doesn't usually wake up screaming anymore but they are every night now. He says he can handle them not wanting anyone to worry, but he barley can go all day without slipping away to his room to keep from collapsing from the exhaustion. Alex is one of the strongest wolves I know, although he denies such things. He may be small compared to a wolf's size, but to a mere human he is someone that could easily hold his own in any match.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by pounding footsteps, followed by the door of my study being slammed open,

"Jammie... and Matt, they were attacked..." The guard panted, I stood quickly sliding my chair, with too much force into the wall.

"Where are they?" I asked jogging out of the door, the guard following close behind.

"Northern Gates." We rushed to the gates to see the two wolfs in their human form lying on the ground breathing heavily, blood turning the pure snow red. I knelt down to them, getting a closer look at their faces, Jammie had a gash running from his eye bone to his chin, with blood coating part of his face. Matt was the worse of the two, lying unconscious next to him, there were several bleeding gashes along his body.

"Who did this to you?" I asked as calmly as I could be, seeing my men hurt like this.

"Th-the, Cr-u-sa-der-s..." Jammie's voice faded out.

"Get these two, to the pack doctor. NOW," I yelled my orders as the other guards, as they lifted them and brought them to the doctor. I didn't want to but I had to ask Alex about the Crusaders, I stormed to the back garden that was also a vineyard. He always went here during the day after a particularly bad vision, it was kind of small but completely isolated by the vines, trees and flowers from the world. Alex was sitting under the large tree in the middle, he looked like he was drifting off to sleep, slumped against the trunk.

I went and sat by him quietly, internally debating whether to wake him now or let him get the little sleep her rarely gets. My internal debate ended though as he jumped slightly looking around ending on me. A small smile spread across his face, but soon faded when he saw the blood on my hands, it wasn't a lot but enough to draw his attention. He looked up to me, my heart wrenching as I saw the pain in his eyes, I knew what he was asking me,

"Jammie and matt, they were attacked by the Crusaders. They are with the Doctor now." My voice not wavering but clearly showing him the concern.

"I'm sorry..." His voice was no louder than a murmur but I still heard it and I didn't understand.

"What, why?" He wouldn't meet my gaze, just the pink buds that peeked through the green of the bush.

"I can't eve-" I cut him off hearing this speech plenty of times.

"No, you might not realize it, but your visions help us, a lot. Even if it is just the planning we get." I said sternly, biting my lip second guessing what I was about to say.

"Alex..."

"Huh?"

"I need to know; did you see anything else about the Crusaders?" I said quietly, not wanting to upset him.

"Yeah." He said shortly. The pain in his eyes grew as his breathing hitched,

"They were sitting at a fire laughing and acting like the piece of-" he stopped a moment then continued, "we came up behind them ready to jump them, but they were ready. We never had the upper hand, they over powered us and killed everyone in the fight." Thinking it was over I began to get up, he grabbed my arm pulling me back down and continued, "You came shortly after for some reason; you saw the blood and attacked full force. There was too many, they killed you, tore you apart, limb by limb."

His voice was steady the whole time, but the tears cascaded down his pale cheeks. The thing about his visions is that no matter what they are about he can only see them if they have something to do with the people close to him, this and the fact that they are always true just puts more of a burden on him. He gets up, me following and walks out of the garden to the main building.

My head throbbed, the scene he just told of, that, was the ideas this morning I had on how to attack, I wasn't even sure of it yet, how could this have happened. Alex got a glass out of the cupboard, filling it with water, unlike the rest of us he didn't eat much, if any. It could be because he wasn't a full werewolf or he just didn't like to eat food, either way he was skinny but he had a lean runners built.

He leapt onto the counter with his head down, he wouldn't look at me. I understood, how he talks about visions they seem harmless and fake but they were more vivid than life its self. He could feel the pain coarse threw him. I was about to say something but was cut off by one of the Betas named David,

"The Lexicons are here, they want to talk." He said bowing slightly, then eyeing Alex. The day couldn't get much worse now, but it could always find a way.

I left the kitchen, David on my heals. At the main hall we took a sharp corner to a private room for meetings like these. In there were two large men waiting, with unpleasant expressions on their faces.

"It's a pleasure to meet with you. What would you like to talk about?" I ask politely.

"As you are aware Alpha Michello's daughter is mated to the Crusaders, being such, we had a formal alliance formed from the wedding. This was fine until two days ago, the Crusaders attacked on our lands, killing four of our men." The smaller of the two men said, his jaw clenched. He continued,

"Most of the pack has come to the agreement of abandoning the alliance, the ones that don't want to would stay with the Crusaders." I knew where he was heading so I jumped to the conclusion.

"If it is liked, I know we would both benefit from an alliance with your pack." The men turned to each other and came to a conclusion without out uttering a word.

"We would greatly appreciate that and will aid you in the oncoming battle."