Chapter 1

The pounding, steady fall of the weighted boots. Thump. Thump. Thump. 

Ear splitting screams of men and woman alike as they desperately ran falling over each other. 

The pounding grew louder and louder. 

My mother ran up to me unwrapping me from her arms, that were once warm and safe, but now seemed far away and cold. She carried me to the hidden basement door in the far corner of the house hidden under the torn couch. Her strong arms shoved me into the musky, dark space below.

"Enron, stay in here and no matter what, do not come out of here!" Her strong, confident features never wavered but the glistening tears led the trail down her olive cheeks.

"Your father and I love you so much, please always remember that." I nodded frantically, numb to what's going on around. Dust ballooned around her features as she pushed me back, farther in the cubby, slamming the metal door shut, and replacing the chair above. A loud bang sounded from the dizzying world above as heavy footsteps flooded the dark room. More banging and smashing went on as a barking of a voice boomed above.

"On order of the Supreme, we are here by ordered to execute Marri and Matix, on site for reasons declared by the Capital of Rations." The man's voice was followed by a single bang then one other. The shots filled the damp hole in the ground as the sound defended my ears, a loud sob escaped my lips along with many more. 

Gripping my mouth trying to silence them, only able to muffle them while my body trembled with fear. 

Time went on, I had no way of knowing how many hours had passed or even days, as I waited; to my mother's last commands, their faces filled my memories. My mother's golden hair whirling in the air as her hazel-green eyes danced across the horizon in front of her. My muscular father's blue-grey eyes stared down at his wife lovingly who was wrapped in his arms in front of him while his dark locks blew through his eyes. 

When all the sudden, the hole's door I was in swung back, blinding me as rays of sun burst through the gap. A mud-tattered girl stood before me with scrapped cheeks and matted blonde hair. The girl reached a bloodied hand out,

"Well, come on then!" Her overly bubbly personality shocked me, as I imagined the state of my house was probably covered in blood and two dead bodies in the living room. I stood shakily and climbed out of the tunnel hole. At the top, what laid before me was a scene from a war. My house was no longer a building, as it was just crumbled walls and odd items charred by flames, I saw no traces of bodies until I turned.

Two heaps unrecognizable forms, mangled in burnt debris. I knew in some way that those two heaps were of my once loving parents. Looking towards the too perky girl I scampered after her. She bounded over power palls and parts of Huvers, maneuvering around the gaping holes in the grounds. The blonde approached an older looking boy that appeared to be related to the little girl.

"Axel, Axel! Look!" The little one shouted, pointing to me as if I was a prize she had just won. The boy turned, he couldn't be more than thirteen years old. Unlike the girl's face he seemed more sullen, walking over to us, bending down.

"What's your name, and how old are you?" He questioned in a harsh, sharp tone. I held up nine fingers indicating the age and mumbled a quiet "Enron." I followed them through what was once the bustling town square, and through thorn filled woods. I later learned the girl's name to be Ezmin.