Chapter 8 (Lilly)

We followed the directions to his house. It wasnt too far but not too close. We had already decided that I would stay in the car. Another possible interaction between me and him could turn out bad.

Each mile we go I get more and more anxious. I dont want him to take Katy even if. Katy is my best friend since- as long as I remember. I'd kill myself if something happened to her.

Katy parks right on the side of the street. She gives me a reassuring look. I roll down the window and watch her walk of the hundreds of stairs leading up to the house.

My heart drops as soon as I see Alex in the top window as a shadow. I see Katy hesitate before she knocked. She looked back momentarily.

Alex suprising showed up before she even knocked. I turned down the radio to listen in.

"Hey, um, my friend was at your house today and left her phone in your-" she stopped.

"Alex? Alex. Its- UGH" She stormed off to the car. Alex was just watching her go back.

"What's the deal?" I say as she enters.

"That's your brother?"

"Yeah?"

"I DATED him a long time ago. HES A DRUG DEALER!"

"What?" I didnt understand.

"Hes a DRUG DEALER. He has anger issues, depression, and there is no telling what he could of done to you!" Her voice sped up.

I look behind her to see Alex walk up to the car slowly.

"Katy, he's coming towards your car... Should we go? I mean honestly I dont need-"

"No. We will stay here. We arnt moving until we know what happened to your family and get your phone back"

"What's that?" He says. We both turn our heads to the drivers window to see Alex propped up against the car. "Come inside. We can talk about it in there."

"No thank you, you can just talk about it out here" Katy spits.

"Nah, I insist, come inside. There are weirdos out here"

"Are you sure it's not you that's the weirdo?" Oooo.

"Lilly, will you come inside? I need to talk to you" I finally look up at him. Katy looks at me and slowly shakes her head. I'm tempted.

I open up the car door not thinking about it a second time.

"I'll be out here waiting, Lilly!" I nod my head and carry myself up the stairs inside.

"Why did you ever leave, like what happened?" I said as I sat down on the long couch.

"Your dad, and our mom didn't get along very well as you know. He was drunk, abusive and a stuck up ass. Well you were maybe 6? I was 13. He was throwing liquor bottles at mom and shattering plates. I tried to stick up for mom. He grabbed me and threw me across the living room. A day later I caught him off guard and threw a bottle at him" He paused.

"I missed.. and hit mom.."

He crawled over my lap and kissed me on the cheek going down towards my mouth. I was stuck. Soft moans could be heard from him sucking.

He made his way in and his warm tongue made my mouth feel all warm. I didn't want this.

"Get off of me!" I yelled and pushed him off. He looked at me with disgust.

"Sorry. Sorry" His face went to normal.

"So why did you leave?" I reask.

"After I hit mom with the bottle she took it as I ment to. Like, on purpose. I would never mean to do that. My friend put weed in my backpack after school then mom found out. So I had to go to rehab. Then mom kicked me out on the streets...I never wanted to leave you"

He gets up to get another bottle of whiskey. This must of been his 4th tonight.

"And now you blamed it all on me!" He yelled. "I never did one fucking thing and you blamed me? What the hell is wrong with you?" He stood up and towered over me. I looked around for a second to try to escape.

"Mom hates me! Dont you see how lonely I am? Girl after girl it's all the same! God, I'm ready for this to be over. Dont move or you'll die" he pulls out a gun to my face.

I try not to move an inch. Still as can be but I start worrying. What will happen?

"Get down on the ground" I move. But not on the floor.

I quickly run out the front door.

"Get back here, lilly!" He starts shooting at me. But he misses.

I run out quickly calling Katy's name.

"KATY, HE HAS A GUN AND SHOOTING!" I run towards her car. Alex finally came out with gunshots.

"Lilly it's over!" He turns on the front porch light. Katy starts her car but it isn't turning on.

"Hurry" I say. The engine coughs.

Gunshot. I look over as he shoots.

"ALEX!" Alex falls to the ground blood rushing out of his chest.

"KATY CALL AN AMBULANCE"