20

1732-7, Daehak-dong, Gwanak-gu, Seoul  

Jungkook

I look at the messages she's left for me, the rambling paragraphs filled with grief and frown. This isn't the Loren I know, Taehyung's bubbly and unpredictable stepsister. This is just someone who is afraid, afraid of themselves.
"What are you doing, Jungkookie?" Lisa asks, coming to sit next to me. I'm too slow to close the messenger app and she snatches my phone out of my hands just as another message comes in.
"I don't know who I am anymore. Seriously, Kookie just stop talking to her, she's creepy" Lisa says, tapping away at my phone.

"It's complicated" I say, reaching over and taking my phone back. She gives me a sympathetic look as I stare at the blank screen. Every message, every text is gone; deleted out of existence.

"She doesn't care about you" Lisa says nonchalantly, stroking my cheek. I swat her hand away, standing up as I scroll through my contacts.
"Where are you going? If you leave, it's over, okay!"Lisa shouts, her words left unheard as I slam the door behind me.

Loren's number is ingrained in my memory, not even her delelted contact can stop that. I wait a couple of rings before someone picks up.
"Hello?" she says. Her voice brings me to a stop, knocking the air out of my lungs. I'm back at school, admiring her from afar. Only now I know the darkness she hid behind that fringe and dark cat eyes.

"Loren? It's.....it's me, Jungkook. Do you remember?" I say, my voice quiet. There's a small chuckle, the sound that echoes through my memories.
"Yeah, I do. I could never forget " she says softly. I run a hand through my hair, my mind racing.
"Can I come over?" I say, almost breathless.

"I've been waiting for you to say that"

a/n I would be lying to you if I said I had a plan for this story but I don't really😳