chapter three ; it's broken not sprained, broken

chapter three: it's broken, not sprained. broken.
"I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me"- ( don't stop believing, journey )
march 1989 - remalenns pov !!

I untangled my hand from Stan's lanky frame. He picked Richie and me up this morning. His house was about a seven-minute bike ride, I still felt a little guilty. Having me on the back of his bike all the time.

"Thanks again Staniel!", I shoved his shoulder a little.

"No problem Lenny."

"Don't call me Lenny." I punched his arm. Gazing up at the building. I hadn't yet made my mark in Derry Middle School, as I barley left elementary.

Richie ran past us yelling over his shoulder, "Come on losers!"

"Dont Stress Remy, it's Derry you'll be just fine", Eddie told me seeming to sense anxiety.

I felt a pat on my shoulder, Bill stood behind me. "W-well-ccome to h-ell Remy!"

He walked in front of me, waved, and ran up to Stanley who was partially in the door. I looked around to see if I could see anybody I knew or recognized.

No dice. Praying, a friendly familiar face might be left indoors.

-

As I maneuvered my way around Derry Middle School, I somehow succeeded in finding the front office. The door creaked open as I walked toward the front desk.

Two old ladies sat there one peaked her head up to glare at me. "Hello Ladies, the names Tozier, Remy Tozier".

The lady rolled her eyes. "Well you're truly no fun. I'm new, Remalenn Tozier I need my schedule."

The woman grunted handing me a black and white printed paper. I looked down, homeroom 110. Great!

-

Eventually, on the second floor I saw room 110. I looked down at my banged-up old pink converse. Knocking on the door, it was pulled open by an older man.

"Welcome you must be the new student, I'm your teacher Mr. Clarke. Why don't you introduce yourself."

I trudged into the front of the class. I kept my head down for a moment. I ran my hand in a backwords motion through my long wavy hair, pulling my head up. I looked around the room and saw a couple familiar faces. I saw a gorgeous pair of hazel brown eyes.

"Hello ladies", I winked at Stan, "Remy's the name and um I'm from here I mean um..." I felt myself stuttering, "I'm from Derry but for the past few years I was at a different school, I have a twin brother and I like to play the drums..." I smirked.

I shrugged my shoulder's walking the back of the class. Mr. Clarke shook his head, not sure if it was directed at me or the newfound roar of whispers that began to rise as I stopped talking. Off to a great start already!

I went up to Stan whose nose was stuck in a book. I examined his features quickly before plopping myself on top of the empty desk next to him.

I hit his shoulder repeatedly, "Hey birdbrain whatcha doing."

"Ignoring you Len's" I rolled my eyes slapping away his book, to earn a reaction.

-

The whispers started in the second period. I was lost from all the losers. It was Henry Bowers, a class bully who was held back a couple to many years. Gretta Bowie a stuck up bitch, and her gang of girls. And me.

I remembered them. They used to be the biggest jerks and we were only eight. I didn't necessarily want problems but, I wouldn't hold out if they started something. Not like boarding school could help a girl like me. I couldn't keep my mouth shut or my fist closed.