Chapter Eight

OHMIGERD. Did I just updated twice in just a few days? Yes, yes. Thanks for all the great comments on the last chapter and all the votes! :) This is sort of an apology for taking so long on the last chapter. Lol. Song in the sidebar is I'll Be There For You by The Rembrandts. I absolutely love this song.

ALSO! Thank you for the lovely word pictures on Instagram!

There were several word pictures from the last chapter and my favorite was the really colorful with the quote, "Everett didn't smile, but he had a feeling Lizzie knew how content he felt at the moment. He was happy. Or at least happier than he felt in a long time." from Lfisher426.

We're going to do for the rest of the story as well. Each chapter (including this one) take your favorite line and make a picture out of it. Hastag it #FindingEverett on Instagram and put your Wattpad username in the caption! My favorite's will get a dedication the following chapter! :)

Thanks for reading guys! *hand hearts*

Onward to the chapter!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lizzie tapped the eraser of her pencil against her Math textbook, staring at the wallpaper that covered her room. Only half the problems were solved so far and she still had a History paper due, plus studying for upcoming exams. It seemed like her life was spent studying, nothing else.

Well, except for spending time at the North home.

A smile tugged at the corner of her mouth as she thought of the family that entered her life, in particular the two boys. She thought of how similar they were physically – brown eyes, dark hair, tall and similar facial expressions – but they were so different personality wise.

Jesse had been easy to befriend. They had a perfect personality match-up and it made it easy to just talk and laugh together. They instantly connected and found friendship within pencils, paper and paint.

Now Everett - he had been a completely different story. However, it seemed as though progress, as slow as it may have been, was being made. Slowly, Everett started to get used to her presence in his home.

Lizzie started to split her time equally between Jesse and Everett, hoping to maintain friendship with the one and budding trust with the other. It felt like it was getting increasingly difficult though, seeing as how the more Lizzie got to know Everett, the more she wanted to spend time with him and get to know him.

Everett turned out to be quite fascinating once he opened up. His mind held what seemed like an endless knowledge of music and History. He would spurt out random facts about the tune he played when they lapsed into silence.

While he found himself to be dull and uninteresting, Lizzie felt quite the opposite. Lately, more of his wit started to come out and occasionally, he would throw playful sarcasm or some witty response back at her. Lizzie wasn't entirely sure he was fully aware that he did it, but he did and she loved it.

Already, he seemed to relax around her and Lizzie couldn't help but take a sense of achievement in that. The boy who rarely even showed relaxation around his family loosened his shoulders and let his breathing even out in a content manner around her.

Everett shared his music with her, really shared it. She didn't just listen. Because he let her, Lizzie was now part of it.

Just the other day, Everett told her the story behind one of his tunes. He blushed as he told her it was from when his dog had died years ago, but she wiped away the embarrassment by telling him that she drew a thousand pictures in memory of her guinea pig that ran away when she was ten.