𝐢. crushes and departures

"CAN I GET YOUR FRENCH NOTES?" Scott looked up from the frying pan of scrambled eggs toward his best friend in the doorway

          "CAN I GET YOUR FRENCH NOTES?" Scott looked up from the frying pan of scrambled eggs toward his best friend in the doorway. Stiles' brown hair was disheveled and in complete and utter disarray. His blazer hung lopsided onto his body and his white button up was untucked. Meanwhile, his tie laid around his neck untied and one pant leg was neatly over his shoe while the other was bundled up around the middle of his shin.

"You're not even fully dressed," Scott scolded as he used the spatula to scrape some of the eggs onto his plate of bacon. "I woke you up this morning,"

"Yeah and I went back to sleep?" Stiles squinted his eyes toward his best friend, throwing his hands up in a 'Duh' motion as Scott simply sighed and set the frying pan down. He headed around the serving counter and toward the dining table where he had set his bag. He undid the flap of his messenger bag and scrounged around for his French notes.

Grabbing the red notebook, Scott pulled it from his bag and extended it out toward Stiles without even looking up as he reclipped his bag with his other hand. Scott looked up after a moment to see Stiles in the kitchen, a mouth full of scrambled eggs. "Dude,"

"I'm hungry," Stiles answered, though his voice was hard to discern through yellow tufts that flew from his mouth. Scott simply shook his head and set his notebook on the table, grabbing his messenger bag and throwing it onto his shoulder.

"Come on, everyone's already headed out. We're the last ones here," Scott told Stiles as he began to tie the fabric around his neck. Stiles then dashed out of the kitchen, prompting Scott to emit a heavy sigh. Moments later, Stiles skidded back into the room with his bag in hand. He then snatched Scott's notebook off of the table, careful not to forget it. "Ready?"

Stiles gave Scott a hearty grin as Scott just shook his head and held back a laugh. The two exited the kitchen and headed out of the house, beginning down the gravel path toward the main building of the school.

This is how it was most mornings for the two boys. Neither were exactly into the idea of boarding school but the two became fast friends and suddenly boarding school became a whole lot more bearable. "You know we have that French test today, right?" Scott stuffed his hands into his pant pockets, sending a glance over at Stiles who was hastily flipping open the French notebook.

"Why do you think I asked for your notebook?" Stiles scoffed, careful not to take his eyes off of the note pages. Scott just let out a breathy chuckle, shaking his head. The two headed across the campus, Scott making sure Stiles didn't slam into anyone or trip over his own feet as his nose was in the notebook.

As the boys entered the parking space, Stiles had yet to look up from the notebook. "If you don't know it by now, something tells me you're not gonna know it for the exam," Scott announced as he heard the distant sound of tires. Instinctively, Scott pulled Stiles closer to the cars just so he wouldn't walk in front of traffic.