Part One

Bang, bang! That's all I hear for several minutes. The shooting ground I was at was pretty empty out today, my dad is the only one practicing currently. You see, my dad is a police officer, working for one of the police stations in our city.
My eyes scan the woods around us as I lean against a tree, ignoring the uncomfortable bark against my t-shirt. My dad finally takes off the protective earbuds, as I like to call them, and glasses. He then makes his way towards me, holding his gun in his hands still. I cross my arms over my chest.

"Finally done, we've been here for hours," I say, annoyed.

"I know, I'm sorry, but I have to get this work in especially since I've been seeing more shady people along the streets lately," he responds along the walk back to the car.                                                                                    I let out a sigh and put back in my earbuds, following dad back to the car. I hum to Havana along the way, all thoughts were lost to the song. I walk up to the blue Sedan, opening the door and sliding into the passenger seat. I let my wander off, forgetting everything. The song soon stops, along with the car. I don't even glance at dad as I get out of the car, closing the car door.    I walk up to the door of our townhouse and walk in. The white walls seem to glare at me as I run up the wooden staircase to my room and slam the door.

I flop onto the bed and mutter to myself, "God I hate the place,". I glare at the ceiling and let out a deep breath. Then I hear the front door close, there he goes again off to work.                                                                        Normally, I would turn on the tv or, something. However, I'm feeling bored and don't want to do the same thing again. So, I do the obvious thing... sneak out the window. As I open the window, the light comes streaming in, brightening up my purple walls. I slip my blue sneakers over the edge and make the climb down. Once I plop down onto the ground I start walking towards nowhere, my favorite place. I look at the tall buildings around me, along with the high terraces of the nicer houses. I try to ignore the homeless people, dressed in their run-down clothes, pity striking me. Soon enough I find my self in French Quarter, listening to a random trumpet playing in the distance. As I'm walking down the sidewalk a couple young men step in front of me.                                                                                                                                                                                   "Hey, John, look a little jumpstart," says the young man with a dark blue sweatshirt and blue jeans. His eyes gleam.

"Yeah, Steve," John responds, then continues, "Look, kid, dontcha know that it's dangerous to walk around alone, especially for a pretty young redhead like yourself." I nod and slowly back away, my head blank. Suddenly I hear a voice beside me. I turn to the side to see a man seeming to be about 25 looking at the two me in front of me. He had short, black hair, pale skin, and bright green eyes. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it, along with some blue jeans, and sneakers. His eyes were attentive, knowing.

His deep voice startled me "Look, see that alley over there, with the trash cans?" I look over to my side, while slowly walking backward, and to my surprise was a short alleyway with two dark green metal trashcans. I look over to the man beside me and nod. he puts his hands in his back pockets and looks towards the alley. "Run into that alley and toss down the trash cans down behind you, blocking their path, then run on home where you belong," he ends then starts up again, " Those sickos are right about one thing and that is you shouldn't be out here on your own,"                                                                                                                           "HEY, you pay attention to us," John says starting to walk towards me. That's when I put the plan into action. I dart to the alleyway and knock over the trash cans behind me, running faster than I've ever run before. I quickly take a look behind me to see that I was losing the two men, and the see that other young man leaning against the wall, with a sad look in his eyes. Soon I'm climbing back up the wall and through the window. I plop down onto the bed and start to think about the strange man. What was his name? Why did he help me? Will I see him again? Those were my last thoughts til' I fell asleep from the exhausting events of the day.

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I know that this a bit different from my other stories, and I plan on keeping it that way. While on the humongous break I took from writing my style has changed quite a bit and I've been wanting to write something different for a while. So I hope you enjoy this new story.

P.S. Don't be afraid to comment ideas, criticism, or anything else. I love feedback, and just to hear from you! After all your the ones that keep me writing. So Til' next chapter, I hope you have a wonderful day!