[42] Promise

A/N Here are the top 5 guys I will be focusing on! (Don't worry, there will still be some moments with the other members too!):
The Gardens
Daniel

And JinYoung or Sungwoon! Please comment which of the two you want or if you want both! :)

November 5th, Friday

Areum's POV-
"I still can't believe he just. . . Let it go. . .," Minao pouted, as we sat outside at the school's garden for lunch.  I told her yesterday about the ribbon, and she's been depressed about it ever since.  Apparently it was her favorite ribbon.  "You can always buy another one?," I suggested.  She sighed, "Yeah. . . Or you could?," she glanced at me.  "How about we ask Mark since he was the one that let it go off into the wilderness that is Seoul?," I countered.  "Okay!," Minao agreed with a chuckle.  She sighed contently.

"Do you think someone found your ribbon?," she asked.  I shrugged, "Maybe- who knows?"  "And if someone did find a ribbon- Oh~," Minao began drifting off into daydreams, "You'd fall in love with this person, start dating, get married, I'll be your maid of honor, you'd have 11 kid-" "Okay that's enough imagining for one day," I smiled stopping her mouth with my hand.  "Sorry," she apologized sheepishly. 

"But think about it!," here we go again, "You could fall in love with this person Areum!  You could actually have a love life!"  "Minso, I've never fallen for someone before!," I stated again, looking down at my bento as I pushed around the food, "Besides, I don't really find having a significant other necessar-" "Oh my gosh!," Minao gasped as a familiar person pecked me on the lips. "You were saying?," he displayed a sweet, eye smile, but all I could think about was me beating him to a pulp.

"Kang Daniel, I swear-" "To love me 'till death do us part? Great!," he interrupted brightly. I blinked. . .then blinked again. 

.

.

.

.

"I'm leaving." "Wait!," Daniel laughed, putting his hands on my shoulders to sit me back down. "I'm sorry," he continued to chuckle, "It was just a nice opportunity. Besides," he sat himself next to me, "I've kissed you before haven't I?" "You what?!?!?!??," Minso shouted in shock, standing up and pointing at Daniel then at me. "You kissed my best friend before, and YOU didn't tell me about it?!?!?!?!??," she accused. "Yep." "Didn't find it important to tell." We answered differently yet simultaneously.

Minso slowly sat back down, and began eating her lunch with a sullen aura around her person. "Is she okay?," Daniel questioned looking concerned. "Umm. . . She'll get over it eventually," I replied a bit unsure myself.

"So why're you at our school?," I asked, changing the topic quickly. "Oh!," Daniel remembered and ushered me away from Minso to speak in private, "I have to get Woojin and Jihoon for a mission." I tilted my head to the side. "Mission?," I questioned, "I thought things were clearing up." "Things are, but there's still some loose ends we have to tie here and there," Daniel replied with an indifferent tone, "By next year- the earliest probably being February- we should be just idols," he continued with a small smile on his lips. But that small smile held a massive ocean of happiness for him, and I could tell.

"That's good," I nodded, not sure of what else to say, ". . . Well you should get go-" Daniel kissed the top of my head for a second or two, and backed up, tilting my head to meet his gaze. "Promise me. . .that if anything bad happens in this process. . .you'll stay by my-. . .our side. . . Wanna One AND NCT's side. . . All of us idols' side," he requested, his eyes changing from sweet to serious in a millisecond. I couldn't understand what he was trying to imply, but I couldn't say no.

"Of course."