1.darius

He raises his head to watch the eruptions overhead, tiny packets showering pigments onto the people below. Teal - his favorite color. So vibrant he could almost taste it, so youthful he could almost feel the years return to his body.

He isn't old, though now he hardly counts as time slips by, but he is not getting any younger. Soon his son will take his position - the child is well groomed, even without his mother. Mimi had been the loveliest of them all, with soft obsidian eyes that tethered him to life as he rose the ranks to claim his place as Governor.  

A peal of laughter rings like bells through the cacophony of the celebration and he turns his head to see... her (no, not her, though the resemblance is uncanny). She lifts her hands up, basking in the shower of color and then, miraculously, her gaze finds his and he is lost in her eyes. 

They are teal, his favorite color. So vibrant he feels his heart crying (screaming, screaming, screaming) out towards her, so youthful that he forgets the time that had passed since his wife had died. So piercing that he slips back to a time before he even met his bride. 

She smiles, innocent, overjoyed, and then she is swallowed into the crowd, blinding teal eyes leaving an unmistakable scar in his soul.