[43] Trust

A/N:  Yes, I'm back!  So far I'm being pretty good about updating once a week! ;)

November 8th, Monday

Areum's POV-
"I'm coming home with you guys today?," I asked Woojin as we, along with Jihoon, headed to our next class.  "Yep," Woojin answered, "We had Mark ask Seulgi if it was okay.  She was hesitant at first, but she said yes in the end."  "Hmm. . . Okay then," I shrugged off.

We entered the classroom, and we sat at our desks.  "Wait-," I piped out, "Why do you want me to come over?"  ". . .We don't actually know specifically," Jihoon stated, "But I think it has to do with your birth family since Luhan Sunbae's visiting again."  "Huh. . . Alright. . .," I trailed off, thinking about what could happen during the visit to the Wanna-One Base.

~ ~ ~ ~

"We're home!," Sungwoon called out as he entered the base with myself, and the Maknaes that went to school.  "Hey, Hyung," Daniel greeted, "Is Areum with- Hey, Areum!," he smiled brightly as his eyes landed on me standing next to Daehwi.  "Hi," I waved slightly as JinYoung took my backpack and set it down on the couch. 

"Come on," Daniel gestured me to follow him, "Luhan's here," he said shortly, "Apparently he wants to talk to you. . . In private."  I stopped following him for a moment.  "Why? . . .," I questioned before taking cautious steps towards the room Luhan was in.  I have nothing against the guy, and he seemed. . .nice. . . I think- Anyways, he didn't seem like that bad of a guy, but. . . I guess you can never know: the sweetest one's can be the most deadly. 

Daniel and Sungwoon sighed, while the Maknae shrugged.  "He told Jisung Hyung, but not the rest of us," our driver answered.  "That's reassuring. . .," I muttered, "Welp!  I might as well get this over with."  I turned back to the Maknae and Sungwoon, "I'll see you guys in a bit!," I grinned, earning a chuckle from the Gardens, smiles from the other three Maknae, and a smirk of amusement from Sungwoon. 

Daniels voice called me back, and I nodded as he lead me into the room.  "Be safe," he whispered in my ear.  The center exited the room, and closed the door behind him.

- - -

The room was filled with natural light coming from the window, and Luhan was sitting behind the desk situated at the back of the room. 

"Nice to see you again, Areum," he smiled politely.  "Nice to see you too. . .," I carefully took a seat in one of the two chairs in front of the desk.  To be honest. . . It kinda felt like I was a student talking to a principle because I was in trouble or something. . .  

"Now, I'm gonna cut to the chase because I'm sure you have a lot of questions," Luhan stated, "I'm here so that you can meet with your parents-" "What?!?" "-Granted," he pulled out a flat square screen and set it on the center of the desk, "The meeting won't be in person."  He presses a circular button the square and a projection of two adults, one woman and one man, sat in chairs appeared right before my eyes.  The projection was clear, and the colors were normal so I could see the two very clearly.  Are these two really my parents?. . .

"Hana?," the lady spoke up, "Is that you, sweetie?"  I leaned back in my chair.  "My name's Areum," I replied back a bit harshly.  "Oh," the woman produced a saddened smile, "That's right. . .you're called Areum by everyone else. . ."  "Honey," the man spoke to me, "Your birth name is Oh Hana-"  "I apologize for interrupting you, but. . . Why do you want to meet me?  Why now?  Why did you have to wait 18 years!?-" Luhan placed a hand on my shoulder, signaling me to calm down. 

"Hana, sweetie-" "It's Areum," I had practically growled at the guy who's probably my dad.  He cleared his throat.  "Areum," he began again, "We're meeting with you now because we think you're ready."  ". . .Ready for what?," I asked cautiously.  I looked at Luhan for an answer, but he only shrugged, not knowing either.