{Newt} Stars

Stars.
Like a million diamonds scattered through the sky. Almost as if they were meticulously placed there by an unseen force, weaving them into pictures and shapes and words.

And I see the reflection of everyone of them in her eyes.
Her eyes are as dark as the night sky, almost black. They shimmer with hope like stars, shining on a pathway that leads to a better life.

I fear the day those stars finally snuff out and my whole world goes supernova.

She catches me staring. Staring at the stars that shine in her eyes.
"Newt, what are you doing?" She says, her voice as soft as her eyes.
"Nothing. Nothing." I say, denying her questions. I can see her blush, her cheeks a rosy red like the ones that used to grow in the Glade.

I watch as she admires the moon, basking in its glow. She almost seems to radiate shine, like something is protecting her from all evil. I inch my hand closer to hers, hesitant and fearful on what might happen when I break down her walls.

My fingers curl around her slowly, and hers curl back, hands entertwined together perfectly. I can see her look at the ground, cheeks pinker than before. Her hair falls against her shoulders like (h/c) waterfall, cascading down her shoulders and against her cheeks.

I lift her head up by her chin, holding her eyes level to mine. They flick around me, unsure of my next move. My eyes count the stars reflected in hers, taking note of every shine and every detail.

I bring her face closer to mine, her lips growing nearer, then connecting with mine. They're soft and hesitant, but so..sure. I don't think either of us have been so sure.

The stars shine above is, forever reminding me of the day they reflected in her eyes.

A sort but sweet one. Thought I'd do a different one this time.