Chapter 3

Taking the first steps up to the edge of the camp was easy.

The steps after were hard.

"Prepared?" Seff let out.

"Yes." Trakker nodded.

They took deep breaths before they stepped out of the camp, placing their front paws on the pendants of their collars.

Pain seared through Seff more than ever.

Her muzzle shrunk into her face as her hair reseeded into her body.

Her legs burned as they changed to that of a human's... her knees bending forward.

Her front paws changed to human hands with four fingers and 1 thumb each, and her front arms bent low as elbows appeared.

Her ears reseeded to the side of her head as the hair atop her head grew down to her elbows and turned a dark grey.

Seff's eyes gave a final glow of light ember before they were changed to an amber-ish green.

The same could be said for Trakker, but his eyes turned to a deep ice garrus color, and his hair was short and black, ending just above his ears.

They gave a final wolf howl before it transformed into human moans.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Finally, Seff took a deep breath before she looked herself over and quickly hid inside a bush.

"Seff?" Trakker blinked when he heard his deep male human voice for the first time, "Seff?"

"Here..." Seff stepped out, her soft female human voice drifting like a melody.

Trakker ignored her lower body and nodded to her simply, "Very well... we have made the first step."

He turned and started out of the woods.

"Uh... Trakker?"

He turned to her and nodded, "Yes Seff?"

"I do not think humans will enjoy our..... lack of cloth."

Trakker looked them both over.

Seff growled softly as they dug into a container full of unwanted clothes.

"Hey... look..." Trakker pulled up an odd-looking banana peel, "Why is this in here?"

"Uh... Trakker wait!"

Before Seff could warn him, Trakker took a bite of the peel.

Then instantly spat it out.

"I was going to say..." Seff let out, "Humans are known to throw more than clothes in here..."

Trakker growled at her, his eyes glowing in the dark.

"Just saying..." Seff sighed.

Once they were out they looked themselves over.

Short black, cut off, pants ended at Seff's thighs and a dark blue shirt with the sleeves tore off, and black knee-high boots with a strange zipper on the side of each one.

Trakker had dark long pants, a black shirt with red writing he couldn't read, small brown shoes, and a dark worn-out hat.

"Okay..." Seff nodded, "Better..."

"Now... where do we need to find real food?" Trakker started down a street.

Seff sighed. This was going to be a long journey.