Here we go again

Daisy Johnson POV

Looking at the door in front of me I took a deep breath, closing my eyes at the progress. I still had a hard time trying to understand how I have even ended up standing in front of the door to Coulson’s office. One minute I had been talking to Pepper, mostly because Natasha had not answered her phone. Somewhere in the mix she had managed to convince me to talk to Coulson, how that woman managed to make people do things they do not want to do is still a mystery.

Taking one more deep breath I lift my hand to knock on the door. “It’s open!” Coulson called out after I gave the door a small knock. Carefully looking in to the room, I could see how Coulson was working on a pile of paperwork. “Do you have a minute?” I asked carefully, and I could see how Coulson looked up in surprise when he heard my voice. With a nod of his head I entered the office, carefully closing the door behind me as I did. “What can I do for you?” Coulson asked as he put down the paper that he was reading.

“Well, I was on the phone with Pepper and before I knew what happened she had managed to convince me to talk to you.” I told him, I could not help but to bite my lower lip out of worry. It has been around two months since the arrest of one John Garrett, two months since I had blacked out and two very long month of being stuck on the BUS without any type of field work or anything. The first few days had been mostly being laying on a hospital bed, having May, Fitz and the rest of the Avengers with Pepper hanging around to make sure I was okay.

Once back on the BUS once more, Simmons had made sure I had had everything I needed. It had taken her a few days to get over everything. However, with a long talk with Fitz she had gotten over the fact that I had been lying to her and Coulson this whole time. It had been easier for Trip to fit in to the group. He had after all not been along during the whole betraying the team in the first place. Coulson on the other hand had not said a single word to me since the arrest of Garrett and I’m very sure May had not talked to him either. “Well, it would not be the first time Pepper managed to do something like that.” Coulson pointed out, pulling me back into reality.

“I thought she only had that power on people when they were in the same room.” I answered, smiling a little at that. “Well, If it’s not Tony.” I then quickly added, and Coulson smiled at that. “I have said it before that we should send Pepper into the front line, most of the fights that team ends up in would be over within five minutes.” Coulson commented, and I could not help but to laugh. Some of the tension in my body was starting to grow smaller and I sat down on the chair that was in front of the desk. “I guess it’s for our best that we talked about what has happened.” I then pointed out and I could see how the smile Coulson have had was gone.

“There isn’t much to talk about Skye.” He said, turning his attention back to the paperwork once more. “Daisy.” I told him, crossing my arms as I did. “Right, Daisy.” Coulson said, and I could not help but to roll my eyes. “You never had a problem with calling me Daisy before.” I pointed out and the look I got from Coulson said more than anything else in that moment. “Look, I had too! Don’t you think I never looked in to what you guys were doing once I got to the tower.” I pointed out, my eyes narrowed now.

“Fury told me you had called in that I had gone missing, he also told me you had been very angry about it. Not to mention all your tries to find me and the length you have gone. I saw how you reacted to when Simmons saw me and how you were acting after that.” I continued to tell him. “Then let’s not forget about your behaviour after we found you!” I finally added, this comment made Coulson freeze up a little. “So, you were there! This whole time you had me think I was going crazy!” He half called out and I looked down. “I’m sorry about that, it was not in any of my plans that you were going to be taken. If it should have been anyone to be taken away that day it should have been me!” I told him, closing my eyes only to see that moment once more.

The room fell into a long silence at that, I kept my eyes closed alongside taking a few deep breaths. “You are also the mysterious daughter I never knew Melinda had.” Coulson then pointed out and I could not help the smile that started to grow on my lips at that. “Yeah, she sorts of adopted me right before Christmas. I think she did it long before that. However, being who she is she never told anyone until the right moment.” I told him, opening my eyes once more. “And…” Coulson than started to say, only to struggle to come up with the right way of asking the question he wanted to have an answer too.

“It’s you, have always been. Since the moment I stepped my foot on this BUS the first time all those months ago, even if you have acted like an ass.” I answered the question he had tried to ask. “To my defence I didn’t know! So, part of this is your own fault!” Coulson pointed out and I rolled my eyes. “Well I was going to tell you before everything went downhill.” I told him, and Coulson lift one eyebrow at that. “When?” He asked out of surprise. “May and I were talking about it the night you found us sitting out on the couch. We were talking about telling you everything. However, things did change quite fast after you showed up.” I told him, shame was starting to show in his eyes this time.

“I’m sorry about that.” Coulson said, and I just waved my hand at that. “How about we just call it even and try to work things out together from now on.” I asked him, and Coulson nodded his head at that. “Deal.” He said, and I smiled, feeling a little better after it all. I could see how Coulson was about to add something else to it all when suddenly there was an alarm going through the BUS. I could see how Coulson looked up at surprise and my own eyes grow big when I realized what the warning was about. “No! No, no, no!” I started to say before flying out of the chair and head for the door.

“Skye?” I could hear how Coulson called after me, ignoring him I head down to the control room. I could hear how Coulson was coming after me and I could see how the rest of the team was also moving towards the command centre. “Move!” I told Trip, pushing him out of the way. “What is going on?” I could hear May ask once she entered the command centre. “Daisy!” Maria’s voice suddenly said and a second later she showed up on the big screen. “Maria! Please tell me it hasn’t happened!” I told her and the look in Maria’s eyes gave away that I would not like the answer.

“I’m sorry Daisy, Deep Shadow Condition has been activated.” Maria told me, and I could not help but to curse quietly under my breath. “Just get there, now! I will pick up the others and we will meet you there!” I told her and pulled out my phone, looking up at Maria once more. “And Maria, be careful.” I told her, and Maria nodded her head. “You too Daisy.” She answered before the screen went dark once more and the alarm died down. “What is going on?” It was Coulson’s time to ask that question and I looked towards him and the rest of the team.

“I will explain everything once we are all in a safe location and when everyone is there. I do not want to go over everything twice.” I told him before looking directly towards May. “Could you take us to the tower?” I asked her, and May nodded her head and heads out from the room. Looking down at my phone I took a deep breath. “Time to make a call to Pepper, again.” I then said with a heavy sigh and I could see how Coulson was smiling at that. “Not a single word AC!” I told him before making the call. “A second time in one day, what can I do for you Daisy?” Pepper answered, and I could not help but to roll my eyes.

“Take out the emergency bags and grab what is important. We will be at the tower as soon as we can.” I only told her, and I could hear how Pepper finished the call before I even got an answer back from her.