2

"Name your partners, race, heritage, and age." One of the men in a hazmat suit said. I pushed a lamp out of my face. "And reasons on why they're important."

"Ellis, American born country boy, twenty-three." I started, blocking the light in my eyes. I couldn't see the rest of the room as it was all black. "Best gunman, took down at least two tanks by himself. Four more with me, and at least a dozen why our team." I said as my eyes watered, wanting the light to stop burning my eyes. "Great fighter, even better follower." I told.

"Who was the leader in your group?" He asked.

"I was, I know how to skip out on sections and how to avoid tougher situations but Ellis was the best follower I had, I trust him with my life."

"Anymore people?" He asked marking his clipboard, I swallowed a lump.

"Nick, American born white with mixed race, twenty-five." I started, shoving the light away from my face and onto the guy. "Great follower, supporter of the troops." I lied, but I know the man will pretend on it if given the right. "Took down hunters before we saw em'." Part lie.

"Anymore?"

"Well, he prefers Coach. American born black man, fourty-two. Takes my-"

"That's enough." He said, already checking off Coach.

"What? Why?" I started.

"He's too old."

"But he's the best in a tough situation! He defended my people when I had glass in my foot! He took down at least a hundred special infected! He-He was-"

"Ma'am, calm down."

"Coach is a great leader and was the best damn replacement for a leader I know! Don't you fucking think that he isn't a good leader out there!"

He sighed, marking him for something.  "Marksman, supporter, leadership." He list off all the important things, did Coach make it? "Even due to your current outburst, they'll pass with flying colors with your friend also giving different reasons and good ones. You better not be lying about that marksman." He chuckled like it was. "Now, finally. List all the things we should know about you now." He said, looking back at me.

"Me?" I got taken by surprise.

"Yes, please."

"Uh..." I wasn't prepared, making me nervously sweat. "I'm a l-leader... I take in the environment around me and... use it for the advantages." I described. "May I recall past experience?" I asked with fear. He nodded in reply. "We were at an amusement park, seeing a helicopter passing by." I started, feeling more comfortable. "We used construction to play the hoard to our advantage. Ellis and I hung at the tallest construction. It got knocked by a tank, and we held onto the support beams and climbed to the top of the stadium!" I stood up, getting this to be more bold and dashing. "So there we were dangling, a smoker started choking Ellis as I use one hand while holding onto the beams to threw an empty gun at it to make it let go!" I smiled, describing our adventure. "We climbed onto the top and I shoved him into the helicopter. I jumped-"

"We'll you're lying."

"What? No! This is true! Ask anyone I know!"

"Tell another."

Huffing, I did. "I didn't know how to aim a gun at the start of a the event and I was pinned down and by this time, I was already dismembering all that I could. So I was downed by the hunter, I actually died and we used a defeb to save me. My heart was too faint, so they thought I was still dead. Ellis left behind a medkit, and I used it but my stomach was gapping open. I had to climb through some air ducts to get to them so we can steal the late Jimmy Gibbs Jr.'s car so-"

"Another."

"Fine! There was the time we used a sentry gun on a truck, having a tank block our path with debris. So I had Ellis man the turrent, making Nick and Coach clear the path-"

"No more stories." He said, getting annoyed.

"They're real! You could ask any of them!" I told, rolling my eyes.

"Anything like medical issues with you?"

"Just that I'm unable to reproduce." The biggest lie I hoped for clearance.