Feasting on love

(Above is Aurora)(no, this is not right now pic, but I couldn't find a pic closer in age)

(Cardan's POV)

Tonight's the night. The night I reveal to all my subjects, most likely to their disappointment, that I will marry Jude. 

Speaking of Jude, she is in the other room, getting dressed in a very full golden gown for the banquet, while I am watching Aurora, hoping she doesn't cry. I am seeing myself in her more every day, her hair growing to the exact shade as mine, her high cheekbones more prominent, her jaw straight and strong. She is still part human, but you can hardly tell. My thoughts shift to Jude and the thought of marrying her. I can't tell if I hate her, or if I love her, but I do know that this isn't a good idea.

"Do I look alright?" Jude's voice snaps me out of my trace, and I look up at her.

I am speechless. She looks so stunning, I can hardly breathe. This is a moment where I love her for sure.

(Jude's POV)

Cardan is staring. At me. I don't like it one bit. I never should have slept with him and had Aurora. But I love my baby so much, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

"So?" I ask impatiently.

"You look... fine. Let's go." he says, obviously lying.

"Alright. But how are you going to keep Aurora a secret when you can't lie to save your life?"

 Cardan said nothing, saving himself from further humiliation, or maybe he just didn't know.

-------------------------------------

Let's stop there and have banquet in next chappie.