It Wasn't Your Fault | Lloyd X Blind!Reader

AY-O CHILDREN, IT'S-A ME, JADYN.

This is my first one-shot for this book and it was requested by Dbee717. Enjoy!

Le Key-

(Y/n) - your name

(e/c) - eye color

(h/c) - hair color

(h/l) - hair length

----------

A small cry left my lips as I suddenly tripped over nothing, my staff clattering to the ground and rolling away from me. My dull (e/c) eyes flitted around randomly, never focusing on anything as everything was pitch black. I grunted as I knelt down on the ground, my hands sliding across the coarse wood that made up one of the Destiny's Bounty many halls, searching for the staff that I had just dropped. I let a sigh slip past my lips as I fumbled around on my hands and knees aimlessly, occasionally knocking over an unseen object. I was still getting used to the fact I was without my sense of sight now; it had only been an accident that caused it but the culprit still blamed himself endlessly.

It saddened me that I couldn't see anymore, of course, but I hated what my new predicament was doing to Lloyd. As I searched, my mind went back to remember the seemingly perfect day three weeks ago.

---

"Hey, (Y/n)! Watch this!" Lloyd shouted excitedly,  a happy grin on his lips. I looked up from my book.

"What is it, Green Bean?" I called back, my own smile decorating my facial features.

Lloyd groaned at the nickname. He thought it was 'not manly' and 'silly', but I still use it to tease him; not to mention I had a small attraction to the Green Ninja—especially since his sudden truth growth spurt. Lloyd went through puberty rather well and he always made my heart pound whenever he was near or he did just about anything. You could call it a small obsession, but it wasn't anything major. Besides, he treated me like the older sister he never had and I was content to be just that: a sister, someone he could lean on and rant to; someone who would listen, advise, and comfort him when he needed it. 

"Just watch!"

Lloyd then brought his hands together, grunting as he concentrated all his willpower on creating a green orb of fluxing energy. I watched with slight apprehension as the blond boy struggled to keep the ball intact and in his control but soon it became stable—for the most part. I could feel my heart beat a little faster as Lloyd continued to make the energy ball bigger and stronger. He glanced over at me, a proud smile on his lips and I couldn't help but return it.

"Cool, right?" he inquired. "Uncle taught me this yesterday!"

"Good job, Green Bean!" I congratulated, feeling a little pinch of jealousy.

I myself wasn't a ninja like the others and I had no special elemental powers. Sometimes I felt left out, but when I saw how happy my friends were and how much good they spread, that fear evaporated like water. Seeing them doing so much good made me feel happy and proud about how far they had come. One moment they were immature—though they still are from time to time—little boys who knew little to strong men who could move mountains if they so wished. It was amazing.

Suddenly, Lloyd cried out as he lost control of the green energy and it went flying out in a wide circle. My (e/c) eyes widened in fear as the wave of energy whizzed towards me quickly through the air. I quickly put my hands up in an attempt to protect myself, but that endeavour proved futile. I was thrown back harshly, my head hitting the railing of the Destiny's Bounty as green light flashed brightly in my line of sight before it all went pitch black.