Chapter 7

The next week and a half were fairly good for Danny and Julian. Julian had more good days than bad ones, but despite the fact that the good days outweighed the bad days, Danny still slept in the guest room because he feared he'd wake up to 'bad day Julian'.

On November 2nd, Danny woke up from one of the best nights of sleep he had since before Julian's accident, to an arm draped over his waist with someone's warm body effectively spooning him from behind. He smiled a bit and leaned back into the warm pair of arms as he kept his eyes shut, before slowly drifting back off-- not thinking anything of it.

When Danny woke up again, a pair of lips were sucking at the back of his neck. "Hmm," he let out slowly as he leaned back into the arms again. He felt completely content until he realized he was in bed with someone... He went to bed alone... His eyes snapped open, he was frozen in place, but he quickly directed his eyes down to see the hand that was resting on his stomach... He knew that hand... it was Julian's. He relaxed a bit.

"Jules?" Danny's voice was small. He didn't know how to react... How had Julian gotten in this bed? His body hadn't received this type of affection in so long, he barely knew what to do.

The lips were removed from the back of his neck and then Julian's sweet, soft voice mumbled, "Yes, Danny?"

"W-What are you doing in here," Danny asked as his brown eyes looked straight forward, toward the closet.

Julian lifted the arm he had draped over Danny's waist, and then moved Danny so he was flat on his back. Julian then slowly moved so he was half on top of Danny, kissing Danny's hard pecs. "J-Jules?" What on earth was happening?

Danny's breath hitched as Julian began to trail kisses over his sternum and to his collarbone where he briefly sucked before looking up at Danny with bright blue eyes. "Yeah, Bubs?"

"W-W... Jules, what are you doing," Danny asked as his voice hitched a bit.

Julian tilted his head a bit as he looked Danny in the eyes. Danny couldn't help but let his eyes trail over Julian's face, even with the slight scarring from when he fell. His beautiful blue eyes had a loving look in them... A look that Danny hadn't truly seen since minutes before the accident... His turf burn was just about all gone... And the dark purple bruises that were once on his neck from the muscle tear were nothing but a distant memory.

This. This was his Julian. This was the Julian he's missed the past month and two weeks.

"Happy Birthday, Danny," Julian's soft voice said as he brought a hand up and cupped Danny's dark stubble.

'Did Julian really just say that?' Danny thought. Hi brown eyes went wide as he looked into Julian's beautiful eyes. "W-What did you just say?" His breathing was beginning to become uneven.

"Happy birthday, Danny," Julian leaned in and softly placed his lips on Danny's. He briefly pulled back and smiled as he moved so he could swing a leg over Danny's hips. "I love you, Bubs."

Tears began to pull from Danny's eyes. "Thank you, Jules," Danny mumbled before he connected their lips again. He slowly brought his hands up and tangled them in Julian's hair. It was much longer than normal, but Danny kinda liked it because there was more to hold on to.

When they both pulled back to breathe, Julian stared into Danny's eyes with a content look, and then wiped away the tears that were rolling down his cheeks. "I love you, Danny. I-I haven't really been able to express it because of all the headaches and nausea, but thank you for all you've done."

Both of Danny's hands left Julian's hair, and then the older man cupped the younger man's face. "I-I just..." Danny began crying harder as he looked up into his Julian's eyes.