Intro

Esmerelda woke up to the familiar squeaky voice of her family's House Elf Theeny begging her to get up and dressed before Lord Nightingale shows up. As Esme opened her piercing, bright green eyes, Theeny with a snap of her fingers had the curtians on Esme's large Tudor style window open up, the comforter of her King sized bed draw back and her outfit for the day appear next to her.

"Miss Esme,  Sir requests that you is dressed and have eaten by the time Sir gets here. Sir says you is going to the zoo today."

The young eleven year old girl just stared at the outfit that was picked out for her and with a roll of her eyes, she began getting dressed in a white frilly dress from Chanel and into the matching white Mary Janes that went along with it. As she sat down in front of her dressing table mirror, she let out a great sigh as Theeny began brushing and doing her hair. Esmerelda Nightingale was an unnaturally pretty child, with snow white skin, long wavy black hair and her piercing green eyes. She had perfect rosebud pink lips and long thick eyelashes, she was perhaps the most beautiful girl in England. When people meet her or in most cases muggles, they congratulate Lord Nightingale for producing such  a fine daughter. What they don't know is that her unnatural beauty was due to her Mother's genes that she inherited. While Lord Nightingale is a muggle, young Esmerelda is peculiar child as she is not just a witch by her mother's side she is also half-vampire as her mother was a full-blooded vampire and well known in the Wizarding world.

As soon as Theeny finished curling Esme's hair, she snapped her fingers again and a tray of breakfast appeared on the dressing table.

"Hurry Miss Esme, Sir will be here any minute."

Esme couldn't help but feel terrible for the little house elf, she hates the idea of having a slave to do whatever she asks but Theeny is the only source of love she has felt since her mom disappeared ten years ago. Theeny was a a rather small house elf, with the biggest blue eyes you could possibly imagine and only wore an old silk pillowcase. The only reason that Esme even has an house elf is because Theeny was loyal to her mother and promised to watch over the young girl.

As Esme finished her eggs benedict and daily glass of O Positive blood, there was a knock on her door and in came the man that could not love.

Lord Nightingale was seen in England as the cream of the crop in high society, a great philanthropist who was always "giving back" to those who need it and was almost as loved as the Queen herself. He was well known for how handsome he was, with his chiseled features, ash blonde hair and smokey gray eyes and he was always on the best dressed lists in some of the UK'S biggest magazines. He is seen as having it all by the muggle world; good looks, wealth, status and a lovely daughter. But to Esme, he is a stranger and someone who doesn't know how to love not even his own daughter or missing wife.

"Oh good, you managed to actually dress Esmerelda without a fight Theeny. Sometimes Esmerelda, you remind me of angry bear right before the dogs tear it's throat out", he said with a wicked smile.

Theeny uttered a squeak before she disapperated out of the room.

Esme looked up at her dad with disdain in her eyes and crosses her arms across her chest, "Why are we going to the zoo? I thought the only animals you could stand were the ones on your plate?"

"Well my little poppet, the Zoo's funding board wants to thank me in person for donating the funds to renovate their reptile house and I thought it best that I bring my child with me so that they can see why I felt such a connection with the dinky zoo in the first place. All you have to do is stand there and keep quiet while I take care of business."

"Now as your mother wished, you will be sent to the Weasley ' s house to get your school supplies for that monstrosity of a school she always talked about. This day goes off without a hitch and we can easily go our seperate ways till next summer, agreed?"

Esme looked down at the hand that her father extended towards her and then at his face and saw the usual cold, steely stare that coats his gray eyes when he looks at her.

She takes his hand with a shake.

"Agreed."