Chapter 9:Opening Night

Ellie POV~

-2 weeks later-

It was opening night of Titanic! I was excited and so was everyone else. We have already rehearsed the play, and everything ran smoothly. Now for people to come in.

I was wearing a pink and blue pastel tie dye hoodie with leggings and black converse. My hair was up in a bun. (Unless not possible) Ace, who was up in the sound booth with me, was wearing a red hoodie with jeans and black Nike's.

We were sitting in our chairs as the play began. We played the music and noises accordingly.

Towards the end of the play I heard a familiar voice speak up from behind me. "I thought I'd see you up here."

I knew it wasn't Ace. It wasn't anyone that currently goes to our school. Someone that went here in the past. One of my best friends. ...Ian...

I practically fell out of my chair trying to turn around. I jolted up and hugged him tightly. "Jesus Christ Ellie are you trying to kill me?!" He screeched.

I pulled off of him. "Well now I wished I would've." I laughed. Ian moved away at the end of last year. And for some reason he's back.

"Mind telling me who your friend is...or should I say boyfriend~" Ian teased. I punched him in the shoulder as a blush dusted my cheeks.

"He's my friend, Ace." I told him. Ace smiled at him...but I could see the jealousy in his eyes. We both got back to work and Ian stood behind me.

"So why are you back? I mean you moved to Canada. Why'd you come back to Kentucky?" I asked him.

"Well my dads job got relocated for only about a year in Canada, and it's back here now." He told me.

"Nice." I replied.

"Is Olivia's character Rose?"

"Yep." I smiled.

******

After the show, Ace, Olivia, Ian, and I decided to go to Cheesecake Factory for a celebratory dinner. Cheesecake Factory is Olivia and I's favorite place to eat. What's not to love about it? And luckily there was one just about a 10 minutes walk from school.

We're only Sophomores and I don't have my permit yet. Out of these 3, I still don't. I'm only 15 and I won't be 16 until Junior year.

We were sitting in a booth, Ace and I on one side, Olivia and Ian on the other. I knew Ace much better than these dorks so I sat next to him to make them comfortable...though I'm not sure Olivia was perfectly okay with sitting next to Ian. Ian can be pretty salty sometimes and so can Olivia...sometimes it's at each other.

We ordered our food and just waited on it to arrive.

"So Ace, how do you like Ellie?" Ian asked. Of course he would start with something like this-making me feel awkward.

"Ian.." I rolled my eyes.

"What?! I'm just asking a question!" He defended.

"You could be making him uncomfortable like that by putting him on the spot!" I huffed.

"El it's fine." Ace started, so I just shut up, "I like her a lot. She's super cool and an amazing friend." Ace smiled.

Ian just looked like he didn't want to trust Ace. I don't understand why though..

•••••••••••••••

Okay so one of my fanfic books just hit 10k reads so this chapter was really short. I need to get a lot done but I'm trying to write more

♡-El