Chapter One

Why Can't I Just Be Good To You?
Chapter One
Published: April 23rd, 21:30

    With tears in her eyes, and her stomach full of butterflies, Olivia whispered, "I just don't understand why you're so good to me

With tears in her eyes, and her stomach full of butterflies, Olivia whispered, "I just don't understand why you're so good to me."

And with all the confidence he had, Ruby replied, "Why can't I just be good to you?"

Every single moment Olivia shared with her old crushes were not in her mind. She was not thinking about Monse. She was not thinking about Cesar. The only person she could think about was Ruby. Ruby was always there for her, everything he had ever done was to make her happy. She had realized that now. And she had also realized something else. The real reason she had broken up with Cesar. It was not because of Monse. It was because she was in love with Ruby Martinez.

Olivia tried to hold her sobs back, she exhaled slowly.

Ruby smiled, looking into Olivia's eyes. "Don't do that," he said. "You're ruining your makeup."

"I don't care. It's my birthday." Olivia retorted, opening up to Ruby.

"I actually think you look better without it," Ruby said, causing a small smile to appear on Olivia's face. "Not that you look bad with it! I mean, that's not what I'm saying."

"I know what you're saying," Olivia said in response, her body leaning closer towards the shorter boy.

"You do?" Ruby asked.

"And it's charming."

"It is?" Ruby had never thought Olivia would ever say something like this. Especially not to him. He saw Olivia giggle slowly and nod. "I-I mean... I know. I was just fanning insecurity. It's all a bit. Part of the long play."

Olivia felt herself smile even more.

"Because someday, Olivia..." Ruby got closer to his crush, their breaths resting on each other's cheeks. "Someday... you're not going to be able to keep your hands off me."

And with that, Olivia looked deeply into Ruby's eyes. She set her hands on his shoulders and leaned foward, connecting their lips. This surprised Ruby, and he was beyong hesitant. Olivia pulled away.

Ruby inhaled slowly. His eyes, which were looking down, quickly looked up at Olivia's. "Why'd you do that?" He whispered in shock.

"Because sometime's you gotta seize the day." Olivia bravely responded with a smile.

Ruby paused for moments, his smile not hidden at all. He continued to stare into Olivia's eyes for what seemed like eternity. Finally, he muttered, "Yeah... sometimes you do."

Ruby set his hands on Olivia's jawline and pulled her face to his, kissing her. Olivia kissed back happily, wrapping her arms around his neck.

That's when Ruby's eyes opened wide. He took a long, unsteady breath. He looked up, and his blurry vision slowly became normal. He was in a hospital.
He began to breath faster as he looked to his right, there in chairs was his Mother and Abuelita. As his head began throbbing he looked at who was standing near them. It was Monse, Cesar, and Jamal.
And at that moment, as his body ached, with everything he had in him, he choked out, "Where is Olivia?"

To Be Continued.