Chapter Two

Why Can't I Just Be Good To You?
Chapter Two
Published April 26th, 21:34
Thank you AlexisHicks5 for helping me out with this chapter!

Why Can't I Just Be Good To You?Chapter TwoPublished April 26th, 21:34Thank you AlexisHicks5 for helping me out with this chapter!

"You may not know it yet, but I'm gonna be the love of your life."

Olivia blushed, smiling effortlessly.

"Sleep well," Ruby continued. ".. and dream.. about our wedding colors. Because I'm down with anything but beige."

Olivia then laughed.

Ruby then got up from the couch and began walking to his room. He was stopped in his tracks just as he heard a response.

"Lavendar."

      "Ruby!" Ruby's mother cried, grabbing onto him as carefully as she could and placing a kiss on his forehead. Sobs escaped her quivering lips as she slowly smiled. "Hola baby..." she whispered.

Jamal was already running over to Ruby with tears in his eyes. Cesar and Monse followed shortly, smiles on their faces.

"Be careful with him." Ruby's mother demanded to the relieved teenagers.

"Ah-I'm okay..." Ruby muttered, his head throbbing. His eyes looked down and he saw Monse and Cesar's fingers intertwined. "H-how long was I..."

Cesar looked down. "About three weeks, bud."

Jamal had a huge smile on his face, dried tears hidden at this point. "I missed you so much! Did you know that if you lose someone you love it actually weakens your body? In fact, medical knowledge suggests that our bodies already know what.."

      "I missed you, too, Jamal." Ruby said, quickly shutting Jamal up with a big smile. He had missed Jamal. A lot.

      "School has been a pain," Monse groaned. "Like always. But it's been even worse without you."

      "Yeah, we've all missed you." Cesar added.

"I'll go and get the doctor." Ruby's mother said, and Ruby's Abuelita followed her out.

"Where is Olivia?" Ruby repeated the question he had asked before. Everyone fell silent. "Where is she?" He asked again, his voice growing angry.

"She's downstairs." Monse said finally.

Relief filled Ruby's body. "Is she coming up anytime soon? I'd love to see her..."

"Ruby..." Cesar started, then looked down.

"She's in room 273." Monse continued, being the brave of the bunch. Ruby looked at her confused. "Ruby, I'm so sorry. Sh-she got shot, t-too... And she hasn't waken up yet..."

Ruby's heart dropped. He sat up in utter shock, ignoring his blurry vision and his head pounding. Tears began to form in his eyes, his breath growing unsteady. "I-I need t-to see her." Ruby muttered, starting to get off the bed. His head felt like it was spinning. Jamal grabbed Ruby's arm, but Ruby shoved it away. "Get away from me, Jamal!" He shouted, sounding drunk.

      "Ruby, you need to lay back down." Monse demanded, worry in her tone.

      Ruby set his feet on the ground and held on to the sides of the bed. "I need to see her... please..." he whispered wistfully with tears slipping down his burning cheeks.

      "What you need to do is sit down!" Monse replied, grabbing Ruby's arm.

      Ruby tried to push Monse away, but was unsuccessful. He could barely tell what was going on and his body was very weak.

Cesar grabbed ahold of Ruby's other wrist. "Ruby, you need to calm down!" He said.

"Let go of me!" Ruby shouted, trying to push them both away. "I need to see her! I need to see her!"

Cesar and Monse tried pushing Ruby back down, but he continued fighting back and screaming to see Olivia.

"Ruby, sit down! We do not want to hurt you!" Monse said with tears in her eyes, but her grip tight.

"Leave me alone!" Ruby yelled. "I need to see her! I need to see her!"

Cesar looked over at Monse, and with grief in her eyes, she looked at Ruby, then Cesar, and nodded. They both quickly tightened their grip on Ruby's wrists and pushed him backwards, he fell on the bed, but continued to try to get up. Cesar and Monse loosened their grip the slightest bit, trying to cause him as minimum pain as possible.

"Just let go of him!" Jamal screamed, "You're hurting him!"

"He's only hurting himself!" Cesar replied, looking at Jamal then back down at Ruby.

"I need to see her! I need to see her!" Ruby repeated, and slowly his shouts turned into sobs. "Please! I need to see my princess!"

The doctor, followed by Ruby's mother, rushed into the room, having heard the screams. The doctor looked at Ruby, then at everyone else.

"He's trying to go downstairs," Monse said, and with that the doctor nodded.

Ruby was still screaming by this point, but it was getting softer as his engery lowered.

The doctor quickly ran over to a cabinet and pulled out a shot. She opened a bottom draw and searched through many medicines, picking them up and then putting them down. She finally pulled out a bottle with the label: General Anesthesia. She dipped the shot into a bottle and then swiftly, rushed over to Ruby. As gently as possible, she stuck the shot in his right arm, the one Monse was holding.

      Ruby stopped shouting, his eyes began to close. The words he managed to muster broke the hearts of everyone in that room, "I... need... to..... see my... girl.... p-please..." And everything was black.

To Be Continued.