Pursuit of Happiness Part II

So I realized that my last rant only really covered one thing people are discriminated for. However, there are many more things out there that people are judged for-religion, race, gender expression, and those in a poly relationship.

First off, religion. Okay, people will believe what they will believe. I myself mentioned in my last rant that I'm an agnostic theist, meaning that I believe in the existence of a god or gods, but see the basis of this idea as unknown or inherently unknowable. In short, everyone is unique; let them be.

Second, race. Seriously, this one gives me a headache. NO ONE CAN CONTROL THEIR FREAKIN' GENES, PEOPLE! I CAN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT I'M WHITE AND MY PEOPLE HAVE DONE HORRIBLE THINGS TO OTHER RACES, ANY MORE THAN AN AFRICAN AMERICAN CAN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT ONE OF THEIR ANCESTORS WAS MOST LIKELY KEPT AS A SLAVE OR A GERMAN CAN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT ONE OF THEIR COUNTRYMEN WAS MAD AND STARTED WORLD WAR II! Ugh, now that that's over with....

Gender expression. Honestly, I can't really relate to this, but I know it's wrong to bad mouth someone because their organs tell them they are male but they identify as female, or vice versa.

Finally, those in a poly relationship. Again, I bring up my "Pursuit of Happiness" argument. If these people are happy because they share love(or sex), who are we to deny them that? I know that one of my close family members-let's call them Z-is in a relationship with two other people-who I also care for-and I don't think I've ever seen Z happier.

I will conclude by saying this, and I'm speaking directly to those who victimize anyone in the categories I have mentioned, and some I haven't mentioned. (If you are even reading this)

What gives you the freakin' right to treat the people in these categories as inferior to you or something akin to a bug to step on? You are not God, nor the King of the World, much as a childhood game might claim otherwise. You are just another person in a world of billions, traveling along the journey of life. If you are going to judge someone, do it because of their character. Judge someone who is mean-spirited, a bully, or someone who murders in cold blood. I know I'm judging you right now for the way you discriminate a person because of their religion, race, gender expression, or relationship with more than one person.

Think on that, you bigoted idiots.